1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie who needs help!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dho74, Jan 2, 2005.

1. dho74

dho74 Member

Is there anyone in here who is willing to help a newbie??? I'm not getting much help in the newbie forum...cuz we're all newbies!! lol.

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

That is not how it works, most of the experts who answer questions check a number of forums.

3. dho74

dho74 Member

i'm sorry. I'm new, and don't know how these forums work. thank you for responding though.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

And the problem is?

5. dho74

dho74 Member

the problem is, I have copied many of my DVD's using DVD decrypter/DVD shrink. I use both. I have done discs 1-4 of Band of Brothers. When it gets to about 50% it pretty much stops. It took close to 1 1/2 hours to get from 50% to 57%. I finally stopped it when it didn't seem to be going any further. I also am trying to copy another DVD using DVD shrink, and at 56% encoded it says it cannot read file E...cyclic redundancy check. I don't know what that means. What is the problem I'm having with these discs? Oh...1-4 of Band of Brothers works fine, but 5 & 6 are the ones with the problem.

6. colw

colw Active member

How much free space do you have on your hard drive? 8-10GB freespace recommended.

Cyclic redundancy check error normally means that your original is scratched or damaged and your encoding program cannot read that area.

7. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Cyclic redundancy check error is a bad disc.

Try cleaning it first if this does not resolve the issue then im afraid your stuck for a full backup.

You could try ripping the episodes individually and hope that the bad part of the disc is not in any of the episodes.

8. dho74

dho74 Member

alright....thanks everyone