1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie with a few questions

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by notatroll, Feb 24, 2013.

1. notatroll

notatroll Member

Hello All

before yesterday i hadnt heard of dreambox, cardsharing et al so I have a few questions.

My current setup consists of paying mr murdoch £80+ pm for two boxes each with twin tuners & pvr option.

I'm looking to cut this down somewhat, and stumbled upon sites like this. My current thinking is to cut down the base package on one box, and purchase a linux box + subscription to get the other channels.

Firstly I'm after a recommendation on equipment.

Ideal would be a like for like replacement, so 2 x dual tuner pvr with hard drive.

These look expensive from what i have seen so maybe 2 receivers, one with pvr might be the way forward. Must work with the current normal sly dish.
    i new to this and linux, but not new to PCs and pretty technically minded.

Recommendations for UK based reputable suppliers of clones and/or genuine receivers would be especially welcome.

Secondly i'm looking for recommendations on packages. Standard entertainment & football would be the main areas of intererst with english commentators if possible.
    I have seen the ebay adds for the dodgy service providers but assume there must be (at least a slightly) more legal way of accessing the same content. Again would ideally use the quad sly lmb & dish, but do have a 2nd sly dish that could be pointed elsewhere.

cheers all

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

to benefit from multiroom services you would have ditch sky boxes completely and buy alternatives. forum already suggest ideas on boxes. if you are willing to read a bit then you will find what you need