1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with a lot of questions!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tarponana, Apr 1, 2007.

1. tarponana

tarponana Guest

I sure hope I am in the right forum for my questions. I accidental(wasn't aware of the rules) "hijacked" a forum on my first try here, so I hope this time I am doing it right...

I make sideshows using a few different programs,but mainly use MemoriesOnTV.In the beginning I had a problem burning to DVD from there, but I think I have that worked out..all my problems seem to tie in together.

I have Nero 7 that I have been using,to burn DVD to DVD.(after I burn the original I make copies),but although it is burning the DVD, when it's done it tells me it couldn't burn.Tells me "error reading disc". When I play it on my DVD player(TV) it works fine. So...I don't know why I get that message. I decided to try another burning program, and tried to burn it with Sonic Record now. Same thing happened, although it burned and I could view it from DVD player, I got the error message that it could not burn DVD as it couldn't read the data.when I looked at Device Manager, it shows 2 Primary IDA and 2 secondary. Is that OK? I have a lite on dvdrw SOHW 1633s.
    Now also, I mentioned I have Nero 7, and RecordNow(Sonic) also with my PC I had Intervideodvd creator. I uninstalled that..I'm sure you can tell, that I am fairly new to this and I am teaching myself.Can someone help me straightened this out" Thanks!!!!! Diane

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Nero and Roxio could be conflicting with each other so we dont recommend having them on the same PC.

As far as copying a dvd copy, the way i would do it is use DVD decrypter and rip it to the HDD then burn it from the HDD to the blank dvd.
    IMO it is better to burn this way so your not burning on-the-fly.
    also once the dvd is on your HDD u can burn as many copies as you want.

so to do this you use MODE/ISO/READ= to rip the movie to your HDD, then
    MODE/ISO/Write= to burn to the blank dvd. souldn't take more than 15 mins(depending on your burn speed)

Now if you get an error while trying to rip with dvd decrypter clean the disk you are ripping and try again

3. tarponana

tarponana Guest

Thanks for the reply...I am trying the DVD Decrypter and here is the error message I get when I try the first part..(ISO)
    I/O Error!
    Device [3:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BPSA(E:)(ATA)

ScsiStatus 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 07 BD70 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read(10-Sector:507248

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 05 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: L-EC Uncorrectable error