1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with a question on Shrink3.0 and burning s/w

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bsbbelle, Sep 27, 2003.

1. bsbbelle

bsbbelle Member

First off, the site is very nice.

I tried burning a movie with DVD Shrink 3.0 and DVD burning s/w Gold5 (Yes,I know it is poor so I have Nero 6 suite on the way). Anyway, DVD shrink did its thing and the files were ready to be burned. I used Gold5 to place the DVD shrink files on to the DVD to be burned. Gold5 does not appear to be like Nero 6 in the "how to use" write-up about burning pre-authorized DVD-video. The burned DVD will play in my Kenwood DVD with the intro and menu screen when I select menu on the remote. However, when I select play movie, the DVD goes to a blank screen. Could this be from not having the files on the DVD setup in directories?

Sorry for the long message, and thanks.
    Bryan

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Are you placing all the files that DVD Shrink makes into a "VIDEO_TS" folder?

I've not a whole lot of experience, that's the only thing I could think of offhand.

3. bsbbelle

bsbbelle Member

I didn't. I read the insructions using Nero on this site and when using Nero to create the DVD compilation Nero creates a video sub folder. The Gold5 sw doen't. I thought that was way it didn't work. My Nero suite should arrive in a few days.

Bryan

4. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Hey there i order for your player to read the files it needs to be in a folder VIDEO_TS make sure its in all caps. Video_ts is the folder you want to burn to the disk Hope this helps