1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with already modded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by J_Dubbs, Feb 21, 2005.

1. J_Dubbs

J_Dubbs Member

I came into contact with an xbox that is modified. I'll tell you what I know, what I can do, and what I can't, and if you can help me in any way please do. I boot up the xbox, it goes to the red logo with "matrix inside" underneath the logo. Then it loads up the evolution x dashboard. I have a menu with the following options : Launch dvd, MS dashboard (which does not work, it reboots the system when i select it), Reboot, Power off, System Utils, and Launch menu. On the evolutionx dashboard screen it says remotex V1.8.3285 and RD Name: XBOX. Under System Utils and Settings I have an Ethernet MAC address of 00:50:F2:51:A0:AF. It says I have an Unknown BIOS version, my kernel version is 1.00.4034.01, and my Xbox hardware Info says 00000001. When I click on Launch menu I can go to games or Apps. Under Games I have several titles that were already loaded onto the xbox when I got it and they work fine to play. Then under Apps I have the following menu: PxHDD Loader, DVD-X2 DongleFree DVD-Player, DiskCopy, BiosCheck, and XB Media Player. When I click on BiosCheck the screen goes black and locks up. The other items on that list work fine. Now I have been going into the PxHDD Loader menu to copy games to the hard drive. Some I keep and the ones that I don't want or don't work I delete. I have 7 games on now. My problem though is that through all the games that have been copied and all the ones on the Games menu I cannot delete the game saves and I'm running out of free blocks to save games. I cannot manage my memory, and I cannot get into the MSDashboard. I read some of the tutorials, and I don't completely know how to fix my problem. Since I got the xbox as is, I don't know how to FTP, I don't have any backup discs, I don't have a problem regarding any of that, I would just like to delete the game saves that are on my harddrive that I cannot do through the games themselves. If you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and for reading this.

2. qbano

qbano Member

not much you can do since the ms dash wont load..you will have to learn to ftp or downlaod an auto installer which will wipe everything clean and you cant start from scratch...slayers 2.6 is a good one

3. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

or maybe you can use one of your apps that has a file manager to look in the C drive and find, depending on what the guy that had the box before you did, xboxdash.xbe or msxboxdash.xbe. if you have an evoxdash.xbe, then look for the xboxdash.xbe. maybe they left it in there.