1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with limited Internet acess, how burn 2 layers and more Q

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jergambit, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Jergambit

Jergambit Member

Ok, im gunna play the simpathy card. So, im in Iraq fighting the fight, Right. Well, i have my laptop, and we have internet centers with extremely slow internet, that doesnt even open most pages, so surfing, and opening pages alone takes tons of time.So sorry if theses questions are stupid. I have down time, and i have decided to try to learn to rip and burn as a pass time.

I want to rip dvds, so first i try dvd2svcd right. So i figure that out, it takes forever, but now i dont know how to burn it. So i toss that idea, and instead decide to go with DVD Decrypter, because it has a burner. So that easy enough, click and go, BUT. Every DVD so far has 2 layers, so i cant burn them, right. So, after all these guild i have read, doese it mean if i dont use ISO that i can burn 2 layer dvds? and if so where is the burning option? I have seen other post that say you need to use more than one program. If so which (shrink?) and i need small little retard steps.

I researve the right to sound stupid, because alot of the guild pages will not open up for me and time out, and pretty much everything eles. Just to post this took an hour. So feel pity, and please help.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You've got DVD Decrypter ... Now get DVD Shrink:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

Now to burn with Decrpyter (ISO's only), your pc need to be using the NTFS file system (O/S that support NTFS are XP, 2000 and NT). To check right click your local disk, then properties.

Now easy steps for using Shrink and Decrypter.
    1) Open Shrink, then open disc
    2) Uncheck the DTS 5.1 audio ... just leave AC3 5.1 (And any language you don't want)
    3) Click "backup!"
    4) Change the target destination to "ISO Image File and Enable burning with DVD Decrypter".

Under the "Quality Settings" tab, check the box to Perform deep analysis. This will improve the quality of the picture. For now I wouldn't use "Quality Enchancements" ... Use the help function in Shrink to learn about it (using Quality Enchancements makes the process alot longer).

5) Click ok. Don't use the pc till it's done.

Hope this helps. Keep up the good fight!! :)