1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with no problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by COMBO438, Nov 16, 2004.

1. COMBO438

COMBO438 Member

I just want to mention to everyone that am relatively new to the ps2 scene, and from reading these message boards I have learned a lot, and here are some of my results. I’ll start off by saying I have the first generation ps2, the first ps2 to ever come out. I use the swap magic disks to play my back ups. I use alcohol to burn my games, and so far I have absolutely no problems what so ever. I‘ve been reading on these boards you to use the top of the line cd-r and DVD-r in order to play these games. As of now I use generic DVD-r and tdk DVD-r and both work perfectly fine. As a matter of fact I’ve burned on my first try GTA SAN and it works perfectly on the generic DVD-r. So far I also burned MK deception and midway arcade 2 and a few others no problems. I do not need to use any other program like dvd descriptor or nero and clone etc. Alcohol works just fine for isos and flat out copying of the original cd.

2. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

I also have burned mk deception, gta san andreas, and midway arcade treasures 2 but midway will load and work fine until you select your game of choice and then when it begins to load the game you chose it changes to please insert a ps2 disc screen. Have you actually tried to play the games on your copy and if so do they work???Anyones help would be appreciated.