1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with Swap Magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by coldasice, May 3, 2005.

1. coldasice

coldasice Guest

Okay, basically, I did a DIRECT copy of Dead Or Alive 2 onto a MEMOREX DVD-R with a lite-on DVD writer at 2X, and booted it up with SWAP MAGIC 3.3. It worked PERFECT! Now, I've tried the SAME thing with Resident Evil: Dead Aim, and Terminator 3: The Redemption and BOTH of them take FOREVER just to get to the selection screen. So I'm like *oh okay* and research that CDVDGenerator/ISO Buster break down and re-build method. Well now resident evil loads a TAD faster but not much, but at least it's playable after 5 minutes of waiting. Terminator 3's ISO reduced in size to like 1.56GB but it STILL takes 20 minutes to get the part of the game where you can ACTUALLY play it. The in-game movies in both do not play or play VERY choppy!
    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or need to do? I'm sort of new on the whole PS2 thing mainly because I've spent alot of time on the Gamecube scene.

I've heard of *patches* for games to make them play, but I've ALSO heard you need a patch built for the EXACT game which could be hard to find. Anyhow, that's just what I'm getting the *hint* of so far as what I've been reading.

Anyhow, ANY help would be VERY appreciated! I'm pulling my hair out here! Lol! Thanks!

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Use better media. Check the link below.
    Also burn at 2x speed.
    Ps2 games read more often and spuratically than dvd or data discs.
    They (ps2 games) Require a high grade media.
    Memorex does not make there own media they outsource to different vendors.
    They use some terrible vendors. They are not good to use for ps2 backups.

[​IMG]

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

The following list is in preference order. The best discs are near the top of the list.
    Almost flawless burns with 95-100% reliable results:

MXLRG01, MXLRG02 = Maxell = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    MCC = Mitsubishi Chemicals = (-R)<-----------------VERBATIM MY CHOICE #1
    TDKG02 = TDK Corp = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    TAIYOYUDEN or YUDEN = Taiyo Yuden = (-R)<--------------FUJIFILM (made in japan) MY CHOICE #2

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  3. coldasice

coldasice Guest

Thank you very much! I will then go to buy either Fuji film DVD-Rs or if I can find it, Verbatium! Funny that though.....I always thought memorex was a very trusted and reliable brand. Well, now I know different. I will keep an update of my progress. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2005
  4. coldasice

coldasice Guest

Wow, thank you VERY much! Who knew a brand name change of DVD-Rs could make such a difference! And that's with FujiFilm! When I run out, I'm going to Verbatium! (as you picked it over FujiFilm) Once more, thank you for your help!

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Your welcome :)

Hope to see you around here too.

Good luck