1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie wondering about mod chips

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nonoitall, Dec 10, 2004.

1. nonoitall

nonoitall Member

Hi, I'm just trying to get a good idea of how easy/hard it is to install a mod chip. Can any idiot who knows how to solder and has his wits about him do it, or does it require someone with a little electronic expertise? I'm considering getting a Magic 3.1 chip (any feedback on that chip would be helpful too), but if anything bad happened to my beloved PS2 I think I'd kill whoever was responsible (even if that person happened to be me ;)). So, any input on the level of difficulty and/or about how long it takes to install the chip is greatly appreciated! Also, is Magic 3.1 a good chip? Any others I should concider instead? (Basically all I want to do is play games on CDRs/DVDRs and maybe a few imports too.) Thanks in advance for any info.

2. ViceVersa

ViceVersa Member

about that mod chip thing. if i was you i would ask someone to install the chip for me... so when he screws up my ps2 i can sue his a**.

3. nonoitall

nonoitall Member

What if don't want to shell out that much $ and I'm not in the mood to sue anyone?

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nonoitall I would just wait for the DMS E.Z.I. modchip which is solderless and has the same functions as the DMS4 chips.It is going to be the first direct boot solderless modchip.That way you don't have to make yourself look like an idiot and sue people for your mistake of letting someone unreliable install mods to your system.

5. ViceVersa

ViceVersa Member

you rubbin my face with my quote huh???well anyways i stick with suein

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I hope you know there is a thing called counter sue.You should probably watch out for that ViceVersa.If you are intentions are just to make money off people.You will eventually get screwed in the end.

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I just don't like the way you do business ViceVersa.I think anyone that is a modchip installer would get offensive with your post.

8. ViceVersa

ViceVersa Member

well you know. i dont know anyone of my freinds a mod chip installer so i wouldnt look at the mod chip installers point of view. so i dont give and just sue there a**

9. nonoitall

nonoitall Member

Sounds good. When does the DMS E.Z.I. come out and where should I go to keep updated about it?

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

11. nonoitall

nonoitall Member

Looks great! Perfect timing too. Any idea of around what price it'll be?