1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bjm2020, Jan 4, 2003.

1. bjm2020

bjm2020 Member

Can someone give me a straight up guide to ripping and burning to dvd-r. I have tried to use dvd decrypter but it doesn't work at all. Does anyone know whats the best kind of media to use. The local stores only have maxell and imation. I am using maxell now and it doesn't work at all with dvd decryptor. I tried to burn half baked. I have a matshita dvd/ram/ dvd-r burner.
    someone please help? _X_X_X_X_X_[small]F*ck It![/small]

2. DvdBunny

DvdBunny Member

man you really are a newbie are you not i mean come on you think you can burn with DVDdecrypter???????????? that whack

what ever here is what you have to do to make a copy of a DVD5 (a dvd5 is a DVD with less than 4.7 GB of data used )( to know if you have a DVD5 go to your Windows explorer and then to the DVD go to edit, select all, then right click and properties if it is less than 4.7 GB it is a DVD5 in not it is a DVD9 i will show you how to do a DVD9 as well)

ok lets get started with the dvd5 you need DVD DECRYPTER, DVD2AVI, and TMPEGEnc (all FREE) once you have it use DVD DECRYPTER TO DECRYPTE your dvd files on to your hard drive then go to DVD2AVI and open your files that you just DECRYPTED ( just select you first FILE it will do the rest then press OK) and then go to Audio Go to Output and select the WAV one and then to
    48 -> 44 or something and select Ultra High and go to one of the menus in Audio and look for "downmix dolby digital" go to Save Project and wait for it to be done then go to TMPEGEnc (i am talking about the New one) THe wizard will start in the beginning click on DVD NTSF and then in the next screen click on Brows next to Video and find where you saved the DVD2avi file then go to Browse next to Audio and find where you saved the DVD2avi flie ( DVD2avi makes 2 files one audio and one video) then next tweak what ever u want and click start and it will convert to Mpeg 2 and then burn the file using what ever software

then to do DVD9 to 2 DVD5s
    do this
    After performing this procedure, you will end up with two discs, each containing a DVD Menu.

Step 1.

Using SmartRipper or DVD Decrypter, rip your DVD completely (all files) to your Hard Drive into a folder named

'VIDEO_TS'

and make sure the folder name is uppercase.

Step 2.

Prepare two empty directories and name them DVD1 and DVD2. Within each of these directories, create a directory called 'VIDEO_TS'.

Step 3.

Start IFOEdit and load VIDEO_TS. Select [DVD PLAY] and wait until movie starts. Then Exit from IFOEdit. A window will be displayed informing you of what Titles played. Make a note of these.

Step 4.

Determine what set of VOB’s is your Main Movie. Then, start IFOEdit again and load the VTS_xx_0.IFO of the main movie. ( xx is the set number, eg. 03 )

Press the button [VOB Extras] . A dialog box will appear, allowing you to select what processes you want to do. The standard options are already selected for you.

Select the [Strip Streams] option also. DO NOT select [Strip VOB ID’s].

Down at the bottom, select the DVD1 and DVD2 directories you created. The button with the dot in it will allow you to browse for each directory

Press the [OK] button.

A dialog box will be displayed containing the chapters. I usually pick somewhere in the middle and not on a cell.

Another dialog box will be displayed containing the Audio Info. The two obvious selections should already be made for you.

When ready, press the [Split It] button and the process will start.

Step 5.

IFOEdit created a new IFO file and VOB files of your movie in the specified destination directories.

There are some files missing that you need to copy into BOTH directories.

VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.VOB

VTS_xx_0.VOB ( xx is the main movie set, eg 03)

You will also need to copy the set or sets from Step 3. Example, IFOEdit returned that it used Titles 1,2 and 4. Sets 1 and 2 pointed to VTS_01 and 4 pointed to VTS_3 (the main movie).

You will need to copy all VTS_01_x files to both directories also.

Close IFOEdit.

Step 6.

Open VIDEO_TS in DVD1 folder with IFOEdit and press 'Get VTS Sectors' to correct all start sectors. When asked, click 'Yes' to correct all IFO files.

Press the [Region free] button. If IFOEdit tells you that No RCE checking was found, click on the [Save] button and skip to Step 7.

If RCE checking was found, you must load each IFO file and repeat the 'Region free' procedure, saving each one.

Step 7.

Open VIDEO_TS in DVD2 folder with IFOEdit and press 'Get VTS Sectors' to correct all start sectors. When asked, click 'Yes' to correct all IFO files.

Press the [Region free] button. If IFOEdit tells you that No RCE checking was found, click on the [Save] button and skip to Step 8.

If RCE checking was found, you must load each IFO file and repeat the 'Region free' procedure, saving each one.

Step 8.

Your all set. Burn the Disc’s.

the DVD9 to 2 DVD5 was coutisy of MSCONGA thanks man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    yes thats right DVD bunny is only 13

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

First of all, for DVD-5 all you need is DVD Decryptor in ISO mode. Start out in Read mode to create an ISO file and then switch to Write mode to burn it to a blank. I have used Maxell DVD's on my Pioneer DVR-104 and never had a problem.

If you want to rip the files and use a different program to burn them, just switch to file mode and rip all the files to a VIDEO_TS folder and you should be ready to burn. It's silly to use all of those other programs for DVD-5 discs since you don't need to change the file in any way.

If you want to copy a DVD-5 movie you should look at some of the guides at http://www.doom9.org/ and look through the other posts on this board.

4. bjm2020

bjm2020 Member

vurbal, I tried that with dvd decryptor and my maxell dvd-r disks and it didn't work. After the burning process I tried to read the dvd and it read it as empty. I thought maybe I had to burn it with another program so I tried taking the iso and burning it with nero. It got half way through and messed up and I was stuck with a dvd with half the image on it. No Good!

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

What OS are you running. The reason I ask is that some people, including me, have some problems with Windows XP. All the programs I use to rip and burn DVD's seem to work fine, but for some reason when I get the disk burned it doesn't always show up in Windows Explorer. If I check the properties it shows up the correct size, but no files or folders. I do all my work in Windows 2000 since I don't have those problems.

It's also possible that the media isn't compatible with your drive (although that doesn't seem likely with Maxell). I've only had my burner since Thanksgiving so I'm just guessing here anyway.

6. Dogiedady

Dogiedady Member

Man That was Hard, everyone has their way.

This is only for DVD9's that can not be reduced to a workable 4.7 (4.38 GB by ripping just the main movie or all of it if size willing, if so It is just a straight rip and burn with (DVDDecrypter), another good freeware program, or whatever program you prefer.
    I have had great success with this method on DVD9to5. It is not all freeware but I have spent many nights and countless time on a lot of software and found this method flawless, if followed precisely, on each attempt. You have to decide for your self what works for you time, cost quality,ect. I have made many, many copy's of my DVD's and no costers since I started using this process. None of this is my software nor do I have any affiliation with the software providers I just know it makes great DVD's and it is all still available unlike most of the guides I tried that get you half way through the process and then you find out some of the software or other necessary component does not exist any more or costs an arm and a leg.

Not free but cheap

SmartRipper
    DVD2AVI
    TMPGEnc
    Dazzle DVD Complete

Strength and Honor
    Good Luck
    DVD9to5 ME
    http://www2.whidbey.net/mnms/