1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbies guide to setting up your openbox s9 for cardsharing with pictures

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Dec 14, 2011.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

what do you mean services ? are you looking for a box supplier ? .

2. bukhtu

bukhtu Guest

services (1 year gift)

3. eddielow

eddielow Member

Hi Guys,

I'm actually just came across this openbox devices and get to know that it allows an online streaming via satellite dish however during my research some people told me I require to pay for subscription fees monthly.

Please advise if this is correct or it should be a FREE thingy.
    Thank you.

4. eddielow

eddielow Member

Hi Piopat,

I just came to know about this OpenBox devices which allow us to do channelstreaming, as far as my research here some technician or reseller told me I need monthly subcription. Please advise if this is really necessary or once we follow the above sequence to activate the OpenBox the monthly subcription should not even arise, please advise. Tq.

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

You wont get nothing for nothing anymore, you will need to load a share or cline to the box to get all the chans other than that, its a FTA box

6. eddielow

eddielow Member

Sorry but I'm not quite a technical person, what does FTA stands for and cline? If I need to load it to the box where could I get the stuff from, appreciate if you could advise.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  7. piopat

piopat Active member

FTA stands for free to air ,it means free channels not scrambled avialble for anyone to view with any free to air satellite reciver .what mick was saying above is that you need whats called a c line ,this is a line of info but c lines are not free one has to buy a c line . here is an example of what a c line might look like (its just an example and work )
    C:cs.dyndns.com 28500 user pass

so as per my instructions a person would put the correct firmware (this is the tv software ) into their box ,they then should be able to view any free to air channel ,on the sky satellite there are many free channels . after that if one wants to view pay channels they need to buy a c line ,the c line is then put into a file called cccam.cfg and then the file is put into the box .in order for the c line to work the box must be constantly connected to your broadband router ,there is a few methods to do this .

8. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

I have three, seemingly, simple questions..
    1. What does "select TP"mean and how/when would I need to use it?
    2. What is "TMS size", why does it take up over 1GB on my usb stick and do I need it/can I get rid of it?
    and
    PLEASE...
    How do I assign a particular channel to a particular favourite?

I DO appreciate any help anyone can give me.

9. Tickeyboo

Tickeyboo Newbie

Thanks so much for your help I have got the box working fine now, all thanks to you.

10. piopat

piopat Active member

your wellcome . this guide will work for most of the openbox/ skybox range of boxes , the boxes differ a bit and the menus look different but the main principils are the same .