1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbies read this post!!! It does matter what discs you burn ISO's to!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by okboz, Mar 15, 2005.

1. okboz

okboz Regular member

Just a little messgae for newbies on the type of burning media and programmes to burn discs:

I recently backed up a game on what i thought was a RITEK Go4 (-) disc as i have 100% success rate with these discs and decrypter. I tried to load the disc by normal method (swapmagic 3.3) and the disc stuck at the load up screen.

I obviously thought i had got my first coaster, then i checked the disc and realised i had burned to a DATASAFE 4x (-) by misatke. It didn't work!!!!!

......so my point is it really DOES matter what media you use, so please use good media to avoid unwanted errors when burning. Thats it

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

And make sure that you burn at a slow speed, yet a speed that your media supports ;)

-Mike

3. gruzum

gruzum Member

I ABSOLUTLY AGREE, but one more thing is important, there is a huge amount of diffrent lasers installed in the different models. You will have to test which media is best for your console.... (DVD+R or DVD-R)
    Me and a buddy has the same model no. (39004) but mine will read DVD+R faster and easyer, and he'll have to use DVD-R to read at all....

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Guess i just got lucky, My V7 and slim PSTwo will read both +R and -R discs with no problem.
    But good media is a key in getting back up copies that work. Doing movies you seem to be able to use just about anything. But games require you to use some good media or you may make a lot of coasters.