1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newegg.com cd burners?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by stan789, Mar 27, 2007.

1. stan789

stan789 Member

Are Those New cd Burners Or Used

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

That is a very strange question. Newegg sell new stuff, not second hand. Where did you get that idea from? The prices? Web prices are usually keener than the store price for the same article, but you have to add in the delivery and any local tax.

3. rab48124

rab48124 Regular member

Newegg only sells new stuff and their shipping is very reasonable. I have bought about 10 burners and various things. They ship very fast and I have never had a problem with anything! Good Luck

4. stan789

stan789 Member

thanks i bought one for my cousin so she can burn,and,listen to her cds on her computer.Anyway because i was reading some feedback and people made it sound like they were used well im glad they are new.That for all help

5. DakotaFan

DakotaFan Regular member

You may come across OEM drives on Newegg. Please don't think of these as being used because they're not. OEM generally means "original equipment manufacturer." Almost all PC component and software venders make two versions of the same product based on a difference in the distribution channels. The first 'version type' is retail boxed products. In the case of software products such as Microsoft Windows, Symantec Norton Antivirus and others, the retail versions include the CD, manual and any other information applicable to the product. These retail versions are packaged in a sealed box much like you would see at a retail store. The second 'version type' is OEM products. Generally, OEM products are sold mainly to system builders, such as Compaq and Dell. These bulk-pack products do not have the retail packaging materials and are often produced in much higher volume, often resulting in lower prices for the end consumer. The OEM products are of the same quality and often carry the same manufacture warranty as their retail counterparts. OEM software products may or may not include supporting materials such as manuals. OEM hardware products generally do not include cables, mounting hardware, software utilities etc.

6. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Packaging on OEM stuff is often minimal, just enough to do the job. I had a BTC DVD burner that came in a padded "Jiffybag". It was in two pieces of corrugated brown cardboard, one wrapped around the drive lengthways, the other crossways, with about an inch of sticky tape holding it together. A colleague bought the same drive in a box covered with coloured pictures, with polystyrene foam blocks enclosing the drive, containing not just the drive, but an 80 wire IDE cable, a floppy disk containing an MS-DOS CD-ROM driver, an audio cable to go to a sound card, four fixing screws in a plastic bag, a sachet of silica gel to keep it all dry, a disk containing a version of Nero 5 that would only work with that drive, and a 64 page book containg basic instructions in about 12 languages. Mine cost $120 on the web. His cost $200 in a store. (British prices converted. This was a few years ago).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007