1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWEGG SUCKS!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by THUNDER66, Dec 10, 2004.

1. dont_no

dont_no Member

Dealing with this company is eggsasperating!

If you find the thought of double root canal without Novocain a fun and stimulating way to pass the time, you’re going to love Newegg’s "Different Billing/Shipping Address" verification policy. Assuming you are actually lucky enough to find someone at your bank who knows what in the heck you’re talking about and can add Newegg’s required additional information without screwing it up (unlike my bank, thank you), you still have to run the gauntlet of Newegg’s so-called Credit Verification Department.

I was unprepared for the endless stream of emails and phone calls, none of which actually helped me resolve a problem since I was never able to speak directly to the Newegg representative who spoke to the bank. Due to the apparent large volume of calls on Newegg’s 800 number, the customer service reps were difficult to contact and on the rare occasions I was able to get through, the information I received was second hand, conflicting, confusing and ultimately of little help. My numerous emails to customer service and customer complaints went unanswered.

That is until I posted on resellerratings. Suddenly Newegg took an interest and contacted me to see if the issue could be amicably resolved. I declined their offer of a $50 credit and reduced shipping as an incentive to give them another chance (this process literally cost me more than $900 worth of the items I unsuccessfully attempted to purchase). I’ve been hit with so many lefts I’m not going to go back begging for a right.

Don’t believe me? Sort resellerratings and epinions by low reviews and count the number of poor unsuspecting souls whose stories are almost identical. If you’re still not convinced, call your bank, put Newegg on speed dial, and enjoy.

It’ll be fun.

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

You have to cheat. If you can access your credit cards online, the address can be changed quickly. When your done change it back. My address of record matters little. The only thing they send me by mail anymore is junk. All my statements and bill pay is online.
    And Newegg was not your only problem. The bank was probably making as much trouble.

It is always tuff going when you go outside the box.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

As far as going to resellerratings.com and looking for the low end, you can do that with each and every site listed there and find many similarities with folks that are unsatisfied - poor customer service, trouble with returns, defective equipment and so forth - it's a fact of life and no company is perfect. On the other hand, newegg has a 9.7 lifetime rating which roughly equates that for every three pissed off customers there are 97 that are happy. You don't find that kind of ratio very often.

4. rocarmy

rocarmy Member

I have one statement Tigerdirect rules

5. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

rocarmy stated that "Tigerdirect rules" I don't think so.
    -try getting one of there rebates on any thing they sell. I purchased a CD burner, and I am still waiting for the $20.00 rebate (that was over a year and four months ago.)My brother bought a Monitor and never got his $50.00 rebate.
    That’s why I say they SUCK!

Never had any thing but good luck with Newegg.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  6. rocarmy

rocarmy Member

hahahahahahahahaha. never had any of the above problems mentioned about newegg. recently ordered an incorrect dvd burner and customer rep was able to have ups re-route it back to tigerdirect. that's exceptional quality

7. dont_no

dont_no Member

I too have had good luck in the past with Newegg (I used them once three years ago when I built my computer, which is why I went back). I understand no person (or company for that matter - after all people are running the things) is perfect. The thing that frosted me about newegg was the lag in and lack of communication. My bank repeatedly reassured me the info had been added - the CSR was looking at the screen while talking to me and reading me the very info newegg said wasn't available. I didn't know who to believe.

When I called Newegg the CSR told me first the bank was closed. The next time my address wasn't correct. Then it was the phone number. My emails requesting clarification went unanswered. The east coast - west coast time difference just exacerbates the problem; by the time I found out any information it was too late in the day to do anything about it.

Because so many Newegg CSR’s informed me that they don’t make policy (they just follow it) and because so many upset customers have had almost identical situations, I wrote what I thought was a courteous, well intended letter to Newegg’s Credit Manager with recommendations as to how Newegg may better assist the customer in problem resolution. Things such as obtaining information from the bank like the rep’s name, phone number, extension, confirmation number – basically anything that would help close the loop. Also, if newegg provided the name of their rep, that would help as well. I spoke to no less that 15 people, and until the end, never the same person twice. As a test I asked the supervisor I was trying to resolve this with to try out my recommendation and call my bank one more time. He called me back with a description of the problem and the name of the bank rep looking into it. I in turn called the bank and in less than five minutes we were able to resolve that which we couldn’t do in a week.

I never heard from the Credit Manager.

I don’t hate the company; I just wish someone (like a manager) would spend a fraction of the time I have and give me the courtesy of a response.

8. Clearmoon

Clearmoon Member

Newegg rocks... I've built 3 computers in the past 2 years, mainly from their inventory, and have never had so much as a hiccup. TigerDirect is decent too (especially for refurbs,) but the service and prices are generally nowhere near Newegg's level.

9. Gygan

Gygan Member

I just got raped by Newegg a few hours ago due to that insipid address thing. I guess I have two choices.

I can wait three days for the order to cancel, plus two days for my money to refund. (You betcha they immediately charged it. My bank is especially laggy when it comes to things credited as a bonus!)

Or I can call the world infamous Newegg tech support line and learn a new definition of pain and suffering as they make me do insane shit to get verified.

This sucks. If they would not have auto charged it I could have cancelled and then bought a card from a more reasonable source. But now I don't have enough money in my account to purchase a card while this money in limbo gets sorted out. I want to put bullets in all of these people for wasting my valuable time. So much for having the card on Monday.

10. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

it's simple, get off your lazy asses...get in your car ...drive to best buy...and voila...no more emails.....lol

11. dont_no

dont_no Member

If only Best Buy, Comp USA, Circuit City, Office Max, Office Depot, or Staples had what what I was looking for you would be 100% correct. Instead you are 100% incorrect. But you're probably used to that.

12. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Why take my lazy ass to the store to pay higher prices and then add sales tax. Online rules!

13. bigriff

bigriff Member

Obviously anyone who finds this unbelievable hasn't had the pleasure of dealing with these people. Those of you had a good experience or two may not want to push your luck. They sold me bad RAM and their RMA system doesn't work. No answer to emails or phone calls. They finally promised a full refund "Please allow 2-3 days for the credit to process" but a week later = NOTHING! I called again and they said they didn't even receive my return? And never would have sent a refund email if they didn't. Two separate customer service people agreed to reply to me and asked me to send them a copy, but two days later still NOTHING! How long should you wait? At this point I can't even get any where near even. I'm out $40 for the garbage ram, 5 for the original shipping, another 5 for the return shipping and the thrill of waiting-waiting-waiting then being called a liar! newegg.com keep my money, I don't want it any more. Congrats on pulling one over on me! Buyers take notice of this: Newegg asks customers for testamonials on their website. They then restrict submissions to only positive testomonials as a means to put buyers at ease and feeling secure. This screams "Don't shop here" if a company asks for and then restricts input in this manner there must be a reason and I know what it is at newegg. Oh and don't forget the small print  percent restocking fee on all returns.. HAA HA ha. If you order something and get garbage, the best you can do is risk geting another piece of garbage and lose the shipping cost BOTH ways over and over or play it safe and go for the BS 15% guaranteed loss! (thats over and above the shipping fee you already lost) GREAT DEAL!

14. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I've spent well over $2000 in the past 6 months and have never had a problem

15. bigriff

bigriff Member

Yeah well maybe you will get your turn/ maybe not. Once theres a screw up you'll be SOL. They do fine with most orders, but not all. And the failure rate is too high for a company this size. You'll see how great it feels to be screwed with crap and then abused when you simply ask them to make it right. Good luck!