1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newer DVD players won't play some copied DVD's

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by cswihart, Jan 19, 2008.

1. cswihart

cswihart Member

All copies play on my 5 year old stand alone player. It is hit and miss on my 1 year old player. 1 in 3 burns won't play. The ones that don't play will play the FBI warning message but not the movie. I use RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter and ImgBurn. My media is Verbatim 8X -R. I've tried Memorex 16x DVD -R and get the same results. I have tried a third player that is also 1 year old and get the same results as the other new player. The new players are different manufacturers. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Yes, the problem is not new.
    Some older, cheaper players play better the burned DVDs than the new ones. To increase the compatibility, should burn on DVD+R and booktype to DVD-ROM(if your burner allows it;what is the make of your burner?). The DVD-ROM booktype will fool your player thinking it's being served an original DVD. Also some players are pickier, do not burn faster than half the rated speed for your media.

3. 1bonehead

1bonehead Guest

If u want max playability, get the "El Cheapo" players from China. They play anything and everything.

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Like my Apex does. It would probably get a movie clip out of a piece of toast if I put it in...:~)