1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newer game problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by moneyline, Nov 30, 2004.

1. moneyline

moneyline Member

i have a flip top with swap magic dvd 2.0, i've burned games before with dvd decrytper and they work, but i just tried madden2005, gta3 san andreas, mortal kombat deception and metal gear 3 snake eater. it shows blue the insert disc appears but they never load, anyone having this problem.

2. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

um, my san andreas works fine.

1. Is it a backup or a download
    2. If its a backup, make sure the original isnt scratched.
    3. Burn at slowest speed and use good media.

3. 916Prince

916Prince Member

My Mortal Kombat Deception and MGS 3 Snake Eater work fine...

4. meta1

meta1 Regular member

Tried pressing X to load the game!?!

All those games work fine for me, maybe you should check out your burn settings, or use better media?

These games don't need any fixes either so you shouldn't experience any problems.

5. admanaus

admanaus Member

My san andreas, mortal kombat, and snake eater all work fine as well. I was having trouble with clock tower 3 and so someone told me how to make a dvd loader disc. you may want to try that for madden 05'. google DVDloaderv7ALL.rar and WINrar, then use WINrar to extract the DVDloaderv7ALL.iso file from DVDloaderv7ALL.rar and use decrytper to burn the iso file to a dvd. insert swapmagic, then insert your DVDloader disc with flip top, when that screen pops up, use the eject button to re-insert swapmagic, then use flip top to put in your back-up. Who knows if it will work for madden, but it did the trick for clock tower 3 . . .

6. teggy

teggy Regular member

Madden 2005 is a DVD-9 is it not?

And San Andreas is a problematic game, some have it running flawlessly and some don't. I unfortunately have a crappy copy. I burnt it again on TDK TTG02 media, which is in the same band as Ritek G04. It does not skip or anything but it stops when the first loading screen finishes and sits on the last still image. However the first copy works with minor yet annoying problems.

Deception works fine, though it freezes on the onlie connection screen. If in the US u needa a patch from PS2 ownz to fix that.

7. elklown

elklown Member

I burned both San Andreas and Metal Gear, both work with my v. 4 ps2 and swap magic. I have had problems with both at least once where the disc during play just kept reading, often it seems like its struggling, but the copies seem good. I know there is a problem with San Andreas and some early version ps2's even my original screws up, I think there may be a similar problem with Metal Gear - so check for threads on PS2 compatibility.