1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newer games not playing - What did I do?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by lawtyger, Nov 11, 2007.

1. lawtyger

lawtyger Member

I've been reading through the threads and feel like I'm getting bits and pieces of what may be my problem so I was hoping to get some advice/help.

First, I'm not sure what mod chip my Wii has because I bought the Wii from someone who had it modified when they purchased it.

It seems the last 10 or so backups I made are no longer recognized by the Wii. I know some of the backups (like FIFA 08) were working fine but have stopped. Fortunately, at this point, all of the backups made before these 10 still work.

I'm not overly techical so forgive my language useage but I've read were there is a recent 1.9 update but I'm unclear whether that was an update from Nintendo for the Wii or an update for the WiiKey or what?

I guess what I'm wondering at this point is what is going on?
    - Did Ninento update the software via the internet some how or through a new game and when I inserted it, it updated something?
    - I don't recall seeing the message I saw in the past about "asking" if I wanted to update the system.

I hope this doesn't some stupid. I'm just looking for some answers to help me narrow my search.

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

well i have a wiikey and its updated to 1.9b - havent gotten round to trying galaxy yet so not needed to go to beta 1.9g

the 1.9 is for wiikey modchip firmware only.

i am fully upto date with all nintendos wii updates, other than i have not put the galaxy disc in my wii as yet.

all my games still work afaik, fifa 08 does as my son plays it all the time.

i suggest you get a different brand of disc and retry.

i use maxell 16x dvd-r others on here use verbatim

trial and error