1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newer Games - should I upgrade OE firmware

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by algtz1, Jul 7, 2007.

1. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

I currently have 3.03-OEC fm and my kernal is set to 1.5. I don't have a fake memory stick and all my older games (CSO/ISOs) all work. The problem that I have is that all the newer games (CSO/ISOs) don't work. When I load them, you can see the icon and even hear the game music but when I go to start them. It gives me a "game could not be started" error. I'm wondering if I should upgrade to the newer 3.40-OEC fm. Any thoughts? Has anyone experienced this with the newer games?

2. le0nard

le0nard Member

Yeah, i'm on OEB and getting the same errors. Let me know if that fixes the problem. The last 3 games I "backed up" all had this problem. 2 PSP games and one PSX.

3. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Hey Leonard, the upgrade went great it solved all the problems. Before you upgrade make sure there is no umd in the psp and that your kernal is set to 1.5. Reformat your ms and start the winstaller. All my newer games work. I was getting so frustrated that most of my games weren't working that I even though about getting rid of the psp. Now that the problem is solved I would never think about getting rid of this ever again. Cheers!

3.40 oea winstaller

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

yeah that's cuz alot of games require 3.10 and up, so that's where ur problem lied, upgrading your OE will solve that.

5. le0nard

le0nard Member

How long does this usually take? I se the like a - jumping around in the command prompt and it just keeps going, I can't even tell if its doing anything or not, the back and forth line that displays when you upload something to the psp isn't there. I formatted my MS. I switched to the correct kernal, and I ran it, and thats whats happening