1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newer Xbox 360's

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ARGUS_328, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

I bought a console at launch and am having overheating issues, my question is are the newer 360s prone to the same overheating issues as the older ones or has MS since upraded the way heat is distributed in a newer 360?

2. StanLane

StanLane Guest

Mine is like 3 weeks old, it still gets mighty hot back there after a couple minutes of use, doesn't seem like mine is any better with that issue than yours.

3. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 Regular member

Do a search for "falcon board identification" or something like that and read up on how the 360 mobo's have changed over time and how the heating issues are hopefully being resolved. It originally addressed the issue of the launch unit's cpu heatsink not having an efficient contact design, and how the contact would warp and change/fail after heating and cooling and so on.
    I have a new falcon board and mine's been acting fine after sitting for hours. In theory, the next revision coming out next year will help with heat even more than before by having the GPU's physical size being reduced and requiring less voltage. Alot of people seem to be having better success stories with the new falcon board units, but either way, make sure the vents have plenty of open space behind them and don't leave the 360 in a confined area.