1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newest Version of DVD shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by buffster, Apr 19, 2005.

1. buffster

buffster Regular member

Just a quick question. Is the dvd shrink I have 3.2, the same as the 3.2.0.15? I see it was updated in 8/04, but added in 4/05. I'm just slightly confused, excuse my ignornace.Also if this is the newest version, do I uninstall the dvd shrink program I have currently, then install the newer version in its place? thanks

2. jmet

jmet Regular member

The development of DVD Shrink has ended. There will be no newer versions released. (Unless decided by the author for a very good reason, such as bug fixes.- http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47344 )

The reason why the development ended is simple. He actually got a job with Ahead Software (also known as Nero). He developed Nero Recode. If you have used Nero Recode, you will notice a great similarity between the two. (Most differences are only cosmetic but, generally how it operates is the same.) Nero Recode unlike DVD Shrink cannot "decrypt" or "break copyright protection", as that is illegal. To over come that is easy, first rip with DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 or later. Nero Recode is faster than DVD Shrink, yes DVD Shrink still has some advantages.

All in all, DVD Shrink is still a great tool for backing up your DVD library.