1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newly built system what do you think???

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by HRJustin, Jun 20, 2007.

1. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

here it is all of the parts that i bought for my new computer i figured this would be the easiest way to post them. i just wanted to know people opinions about my new comp. i haven't had a major problem with it at all so far so i love it for the stuff that i do i wanna get a few ok games to play online nothing to intense lol
    http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z257/hrjustin/mynewcomp.jpg
    BTW i also got a new 19inch lcd HP widescreen monitor
    [​IMG]
    the total for this whole thing including the monitor(from walmart LOL everything else was from newegg) less then $1100 i think it is a great price for a computer that i know i can upgrade any part i want whenever :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2007
  2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The total cost isn't too bad. I never liked the X-Dreamer case much, but that's personal taste. You sold yourself short on the graphics card I'd say, that's pretty slow, but the rest is good.

3. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

yea but it seems to be doing me fine for everything that im doing. the main thing i do is video encoding and stuff like that so i didnt need a really high performance video card. the one i was going to get was a 7300gt with only 128mb of memory and this one was like 5 bucks cheaper so i just went with that because its got 256 memory LOL. the case isnt bad its not as easy as i thought it was going to be to work on but not bad otherwise. but the main reason i built my own computer was so i could upgrade any part i want whenever instead of buying one through a company thats like hardly upgradeable and just have to buy a new one in a few years.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's the exact reason why you should build yourself, got it in one.

5. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

got it in one what?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2007
  6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

definition of "got it in one":

7. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Sam, don't knock the 7300GT.

They're not the greatest. I'll admit. But they're sufficient for light gaming, watching movies. And alot of other stuff.

The 7300GT GDDR2 actually comes in right below the 7600GS and isn't half bad.

8. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

When I had my 7300 GT, I could play pretty much any game I wanted on low/medium settings, with some occasional lag. It wasn't that bad. I didn't buy mine though, it came with the computer.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

But that's it, good CPU, 2GB of RAM, and then a Graphics card that can only run things on low/medium detail. Just seemed a little out of place, but there we go. Not everybody needs a powerhouse graphics card, I accept that.

10. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Yeah, I mean if your not going to use alot of graphics power, why pay for it? I mean it sounds like the PC will do pretty much anything except play games, and it will even do that to some extent.

11. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I'd gladly put that together for $1100. But my $2500 build wouldn't like that too much. lol

For what you paid, and for what it's worth, it's a good, wicked fast computer

Have fun with it :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007