1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newsgroups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ricknjp, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ricknjp

ricknjp Member

could someone please explain to me in very simple terms how to use newsgroups....that shit seems way to fuckin complicated.

2. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

3. ricknjp

ricknjp Member

yeah, i read that.....i keep hearing about how easy it is to use..but exactly how do i download stuff?

4. Cinch

Cinch Regular member

If you 'read' that link then you would know. That is the best guide on the internet. It's not that hard.

How come there are so many people that want to be spoon fed information instead of trying things out and doing their own homework... uugh!

5. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

Cinch, you hit the nail on the head. Everyone wants to be spoonfed stuff, just read the damn tutorial. Or search google.

6. emachine

emachine Guest

Or buy the game?

7. ricknjp

ricknjp Member

ok...i have been doing a lot of reading but i was just lookin for some quick advice to make it easier....i have bought access to giganews and a program called grabit....just dont know where to start....sorry i bothered you guys

8. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

9. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

and i hope you arent posting this question because you want help downloading xbox 360 games, cause thats what causes aids my friend

10. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

need help. how do i connect to rogers newsgroup wat is the nttp?

HELP

11. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

go to google.com and type connecting to "whatever" newsgroup exchange whatever with the name of the group and im sure google will help you find it

12. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

IT DON"T unfortunately my shit isp doesn't have one. Had to call them up to find out!!!!!!

p.s i always google before askin!

wth im n00b:
    Newbies can't post more than one post every 3 minutes. This is done to prevent spambots to pollute our site. Apologies for inconvenience.
    AGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

13. tbiggs

tbiggs Guest

ricknip i to had a very hard time understanding how to use the newsgroups , i called my isp and had them give me there free newsgroup addie and i added it into a trial newsreader called news rover ,

i then went to www.newzleech.com and searched for the files i was after and then downloaded the nzb files to them , i then started my news rover reader and then opened up the nzb file that i downloaded and the files automaticly started downloading in my news rover client ,

after all of the files ( atachments ) were done downloading i then right tick on them and select move attachments to (wherever you want them) , one quick note , if its a large file , be sure to waite for the client to decompress before you move them into your saved directory , or else you could end up with bits and pieces everywhere .

how i can tell when my dls are complete is all of the pieces will become one or severale , rather then 20 -30 and so on . i am probably confuseing the crap out of ya as its not as easy to explain how to use them as it is to use them , i to started out with giganews reader and found it to be pretty simple as it automaticly looks up all the newsgroups your provider has to offer and it has icons for all the different file formats ,

i learned the basics about how to use newsgroups with giganews reader , then purchased a account with usenet and switched over to news rover .

i think useing nzb sites like www.newzleech.com for finding files is the best way to go as you dont have to waite forever for all the headers to load up from the group you subscrbed to , and with the nzb sites you only have to grab the one file (nzb file) rather then haveing to hand select them one by one from the groups themselves .

your best bet is to cancele your pay membership and use your isp free groups till you learn how to use them , then after your somewhat comfortable with them go buy a premium account with usenet or whichever you prefer .

best advice i have for you is to just digin and have fun , if you would like to use my giganews reader for testing and learning , then pm me and i will get it to you , and also feel free to pm me with any other questions you may have .

i to had a terrible time trying to decifer what i was readin when i leaned on google for my answeres , all the talk about headers and par files and what not just sounded very foriegn and very complicated , i choose to get a reader and use my isp newsgroup and tinkered till i finally got a handle on it , then i thought to myself wow , this was pretty simple , so jump in and tinker , your not going to screw anything up , worst case is you might loose a few dls trying to figure out how to move them and so on , but big deal , just dl them again lol .

i hope i was able to offer a little insight for you , as i can relate when you say they look complicated , but i will tell u friend that there very very easy to use and much more secure !!

and to the other users that were shoveing google down this members throat , u should realize that most of us newbs dont understand the terminology these web pages have to offer , we do try googleing , jeeving and everything else in between to try to figure it out on our own so we dont have to come in and get flamed by folks like yourselves , for most of us its our last option to come and ask for help so the last thing we want to here is how lazy and incapable we are of googleing to get our answeres , we come here in hopes of bumping into some of the great oldtimers here that are more then happy to try and help us , not flame us !!!

i apoligize for the users that refused to offer anything worthwhile , they must of have had a bad day at work or whatever , i have always had great luck comeing to afterdawn with my troubles regardless whether the answere was a google away or not , ive always been steard in the right direction and hopefully will continue to be , so please dont be afraid to post up any question you may have , as most of the folks around here are very happy to help !!

good luck and come back if u need to !!

14. hoddey

hoddey Regular member

how do you use quickpar when there is missing winrae files

15. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

this is not a forum for connect to download servers this is for xbox 360 please post in the appropriate place

16. ricknjp

ricknjp Member

wow, tbiggs thank you so much for such a lengthy post....i really appreciate the time you took to reply instead of these pricks that say "search"...your the man!

17. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

Spoon........Feed.........Mouth......All people want these days.

18. emachine

emachine Guest

And another 600 stolen from Bill Gates.