1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newsgroups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mjfouline, Jun 6, 2007.

1. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

ight i dont know if this against the rules.
    if it is just delete then.

but is there any free newsgroups out there that i would be able to use.

cause when im usin torrents people just download the dont upload.

this would be very helpful

thx in advance

2. catsee

catsee Guest

dude u get what u pay for torrents r free n crappy newgroup are faster n cost, dude i hate paying for anything but getting a 360 game n less then a hour is better then waiting a whole night so i pay i have giganews and also dude they have something where u can download 26 gb which is 3 360 games a month which is alot for 15 something bucks

3. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

dude that is fast, it takes me about 30 hours to download a 360 game from newsbin.com

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  4. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

In short...no.

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Your ISP may provide some type of limited access. Other than that answer is pretty much no on free servers for Xbox 360 games.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

"but getting a 360 game n less then a hour "

what the heck kind of connection do you have? I have a 5MB cable connection maxing out at about 500-600KB/S and there is no way it takes an hour. 2-3 hours yes, but not 1 or less for a 6-7GB file.

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I don't know about catsee, but I know a few people with 10mb connections and the say they download 360 games in about an hour. It takes me somewhere between 2-3 hours on my 6mb DSL connection.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  8. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

well i see you have to pay for most of them but i know my isp has newsgroups but i dont know how t get to them can someone help me.

i got roadrunner.

thx in advance

9. steimy

steimy Active member

a 10MB connection would cost me about $100 a month here. So that one is out for me. But 2-3 hours still isn't too bad.

10. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

well why everyone is still posting any one know how to fix a slow cable connection its only running at 1.1 and im usally at 8.1

thx in advacne

11. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

they arent talking about fixing their connections. if you need help with that i think there is a forum for that somewhere around here.

12. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

I use road runner also.All you have to do is go to your rr home page click the help button up top,then when you get to the next page it will tell you your new server address for your area.I got the turbo rr and I dl at 1.8 mb so about a hour in a half for a 7.gb file.When i was on old rr it took approx 3 hrs to dl a 7gb file.

13. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

yea thx i got it now but i wish i was runnin at full speed

14. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

If your not getting the speeds you pay for call them in bitch.Thats what I did and now im blazeing fast plus got 20 bucks off my bill for threating to cancel them.They will send a tec to your house to check your lines if they cant fix it over the phone.All that was wroung with mine was a cable was loose on one of the spliters from the install.