1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next-Generation LCD question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by TVlulz, Sep 24, 2007.

1. TVlulz

TVlulz Member

Ok, so I was on the verge of making a HDTV purchase this week.

The unit in question was a Samsung LA46M8BDX. A very nice LCD TV if I do say so myself, one that I was primarily going to use for gaming.

But then I hear the news that the next generation of LCDs are due for release in Australia (did I mention I live in Australia? Well now you know) fairly soon. The main benefit of which is the jump from a 60Hz refresh rate to 100Hz. So onto my questions.

Is it worth hanging out for the next gen?
    I hear only Sony will have it out anytime soon though.

And, if it is worth it, how long do you think before it arrives on Australian shores? I was adamant to buy the TV this week but now I don't know if that's going to happen. Thanks in advance for any advice/help you guys can give me. I really need it right now : /

2. Rick6

Rick6 Regular member

I see it's been 20 days or so and no one has sent you a reply. I can't actually answer you particula question. However I can say from experience that you can bet every year they will come out with something new worth waiting for the next year. You have to draw a line. This years model won't be as good as next year, and so on and so on. I wanted a Plasma but bought a rear projection LCD instead. Thought I would just wait till they got better and cheaper. The problem is every year they have come down in price and gotten better.
    Bottom line, buy something now and get use to the idea that you can only buy this years best. Good Luck.