1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFS CARBON ON DEVHOOK FREEZING

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jrush2112, Jan 10, 2007.

1. jrush2112

jrush2112 Guest

i have a v1.5 psp running devhook 0.51. i start devhook running v3.01 firmware and und emulation to boot a file. the psp restarts and runs 3.01 perfectly...i pop in a umd and it reads it as nfs carbon...i click it...it goes past that white psp screen...then asks if i want enable autosave...i said yes...it goes to load screen...freezes and shuts down...any help with this would be greatly appreciated

2. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Might be the ISO. You should try emulating another firmware just to see if its the ISO or firmware. You should also consider upgrading to 3.02 or 3.03 OE. Its a custom firmware that has all the features of the official firmware but lets you run homebrew like 1.5. Also, you can run ISOs and CSOs(compressed ISO) directly from the XMB(the main screen).

3. jrush2112

jrush2112 Guest

0.51 dev supports 3.02 so i might try that...but anyway i fixed the problem...it was a shrink iso...not cso, but an iso shrinked using YAUISv0.3a. i put the regular iso on my ms and it works great....now since that iso shrinker doesnt work...wat is a good program to shrink the size of iso's???

4. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

5. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

sorry double post my mistake

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  6. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

7. jrush2112

jrush2112 Guest

awsome...thanks a lot....now i have one more question...ive googled it for about 2hrs and found limited help...but is it possible to have devhook on one memory stick(say the 32mb that came with the psp and have the games on another(for me a 512mb) and somehow do a memory stick swap and run the iso???

8. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

No, devhook needs to read the flash files off the memstick. You could just get 3.02 or 3.03 OE though. Its like devhook but its an actual firmware. Its modded to let you run custom PRX files and ISO and CSO files directly from the XMB. It loads faster too because it reads from the actual flash and not the memstick.

9. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

@jrush2112

you wont be able to play many games in a 512mb memory stick without using ripkits or compressing isos, i advise to get a 2gb memory stick or bigger(preference original ) since the umd max capacity is 1.8gb dual layer

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007