1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NGage

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by marksmiff, Sep 9, 2004.

1. marksmiff

marksmiff Member

Can anyone help this bewildered man. I have an Ngage with Smart Movie player on it. What I need is plain English help. How do I get a DVD from the computer to the Smart movie player?? I have a memory card of 512MG and plenty of DVD's to convert. Hopefully this can be done so can someone give me the right answers, in English please.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I can't really tell you how to do it, but I'll move this to the Advanced Users forum. You're more likely to get answers here.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

And I'm moving it to mobile forums :) Anyway, the basic idea is that you need to get the DVD into AVI first -- best way to do this is to follow the DVD-2-DivX guides we have in our guides section. After that, depending on the format that Smart Movie accepts (I think its .3gp, which is H.263+ MPEG-4 in its own special wrapper), you need to re-encode the video into that format (and resize it). If I remember correctly, either Nokia or SonyEricsson offers a free encoder for .3gp movies.

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Oops, I keep forgetting those are here.