1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nhl 2004 backup won't save

Discussion in 'PS2' started by elnoyl, Oct 2, 2003.

1. elnoyl

elnoyl Member

I backed up nhl 2004 using a verbatim dvd + r and i have a magic 3.1 installed. I can play perfectly and everything but when i go to save it tells me i can only have 1 nhl save file. I have no saves on my memory card. Is this a copyright issue or is it a memory card issue?

2. what9612

what9612 Member

what program did u use and did u do nething else to it because everytime b4 a game starts it freezes

3. elnoyl

elnoyl Member

dvd decrypter and verbatim dvd + R i used the dvd burner that came with my gf dell computer.

4. OptimusC

OptimusC Member

it looks like NHL was released before it was actually finished. This is only one problem of the many already reported. Try it again with a memorycard that has at least 4mb of freespace. It sounds a little bit weird but with some releases there's a bug in the game with the savings. This should work. Let us know how it went.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  5. elnoyl

elnoyl Member

What other bugs have you heard of in Nhl 2004?

6. elnoyl

elnoyl Member

Thanks, i deleted some stuff off my memory card and it worked like a charm. That's really weird because i had more than enough room before i deleted stuff i know that because i compared the two amounts in the browser before delete and checked the size of the nhl 2004. Well it works fine now so i'm happy thanks.

7. OptimusC

OptimusC Member

no tnx, glad I could help ya out. the other bugs I heard about have a little bit slipt outa my head. he ones I still remember: that save issue, online mode stops at random times, just puts you offline in the middle of a game. At certain gameplays the game glitches and results in a immediate win of the comp. weird amount of trades in the middle of a season. There are more of them but this is all I remember.

a little sidenote info. EA's official reason about the save error: There are some save game issues. This is because of the use of 3rd party memorycards and/or controllers. yeah right!!

8. ffwrx

ffwrx Member

I cant get past the screen right before you play. It show the controller then the lineup and locks up. The weird thing is if i take the backup out at this point and put the original in it the game starts.