1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nice and easy xbox 360 mod...trying to be calm

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dzuldare, Nov 24, 2007.

1. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

hi, I have read alot of guides and fourms and chatted with people. I want to mod my xbox 360...(like we haven't heard that one before). So let me put some info down and what i have done and we hopefully can go from there. I have a samsung drive in my 360. it is a ms28. I have a via vt6421a sata card. I have heard that the "a" card has to be hex edited with mtkflash or something from one guide, but I was following "textbooks" guide very well. I went to xbins and got the newest firmware,(iextrem 1.3). I then got the iprep 101 for prep of the usb drive. Now part of the prob. i think is that the guide uses v.1 of iprep and xbins gave me v.006. There is NO guide or walkthough of useing the 1.6, however... it looked prety simple. it is new and apperently is all i could get off of xbins. There is a box on the iprep that asked to include the mtkflash. (i guess it is built in) so i checked it and made a bootable usb mass storge divise. I don't know if i missed anything, i don't think so. so anyway, i unplugged all the drives from my pc (dell 4600, p4 2.8gh) Put in the usb and it booted to it. iprep came up with a few options and i followed them. i imputed the ser. number with the prefix(forget what it was now) and then pressed enter. i pluged the sata cable into the samsung drive and powered on my 360. I don't think it found the drive... but anyway it said to power off the xbox 360 for 10-15 sec. then start it back up. Nothing happened. the only choice i saw was 1.iextreme , so i hit 1.
    then It asked me to indicate what port it was set at and i typed "0" because in the guide they said to set the sata cable on the one closed to the pc because there was 2 sata connectors. well it did not recignize 0 and i got a error and it verted me back to the basic C:\ in dos with no way to get back to anything. so... i restarted everything and tried switching the sata cable on the sata card to a different sata plug, well that did not work either. So I am not really sure of the problem here. i think it might be that the iprep did not recignize the sata card and evedentally i never accaually connected to the xbox360 dvd drive. i made sure the video cable was hooked up the 360, because i can imagine that that is one of the first questions u will ask. I tryed my 360 after this whole ordeal and it is like nothing happened. it played the stock 360 games just fine , so at least i know i did not brick my 360. I think i need a little help... maybe a step by step because i am all confused now. thank you so much for any help.

2. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

well....

when doing iprep, was your SATA card found....did you prep it to the correct sata drive....it will show the location of the sata card shen in textbook tutorial....

then you make the usb drive bootable and flash the usb drive.....UNPLUG YOUR CDROM IDE AND HDD IDE/SATA CABLES just incase.
    reboot the machine and boot to usb drive....once you get to the command prompt....then you turn on your 360 connected to the pc via sata....wait to get to the dashboard then do the idump xxxxxxxx xxxxx command.....should dump your orig.bin yes select the drive XTREME listed to the flash drive. then iflash xxxxxxx xxxxx to start flashing....if you get any errors shown in the tutorial then stop and retry....hope this helps

3. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

ok, i figured it out. i just did the process wrong. the whole thing was so simple! idump...no, the iprep program i used said to do : dsam ser. ser. and the flash program was fsam ser ser. that was it. it just takes some timing and a try or two to reboot the xbox 360 at the right time. thank you. and let it be known that you do NOT have to hex edit the via vt 6421 at all! Some guides say u do, but i guess the newest iprep really helps things out.