1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nine Inch Nails SACD

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by feurous, Jan 27, 2005.

1. feurous

feurous Member

I recently bought the Nine Inch Nails: the downward spiral deluxe edition and it is in SACD. I was wondering if there are any media players that can play the SACD(5.1) version. Real Player? Windows Media Player? Can my computer play the SACD format?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

computer (DVDROM or CDROM) drives cannot read SACD. Most SACD discs have two layers: one SACD layer, and one regular CD layer. Your computer might be able to play the regular layer. SACD is a proprietary format that only SACD lasers can read.

3. Augmented

Augmented Member

Not much point to buy a Hybrid SACD unless you are planning to buy a SACD player. Of Course you need to also purchase the proper Receiver/Speakers to here the difference.

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

SACDs only come with a standard CD layer for the convenience of being able to play it in regular players, like a car CD player. So yes, don't buy SACDs if you don't have a SACD player, but why would you? I have a ps2, so I don't buy xbox games...

5. zjzzjc1

zjzzjc1 Member

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member