1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja Gaidan i gets black screen

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by aliyah, Mar 13, 2005.

1. aliyah

aliyah Member

I downloaded Ninja Gaidan ISO file and i did patch it by using Craxtion 4 then i burned it from DVD decrypter on DVD-R Verbatim before i used to get an error saying 'There is a problem with the disc you are using, it may be dirty or damaged". but now after doing the patch, during the game menu when i select start turns black.

what am i doing wrong ?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I used to get the same problem.. I patched about 20 games recently and none worked, not sure why. So I don't patch anything anymore. All I did was update my BIOS to the newest version, changed dashboards (doubt this did anything), and had about one DDE game. If I get DDE's from discs, I'll put it on the HDD to see if it plays. If it doesn't, I'll look for the HDD fix.

3. guidop

guidop Member

how big was the download because i'm pretty sure that this is a dual-layer disc 6.7gb or something so they might have cut some files. because i remeber i couldn't save to my hdd when it first came out because it was too big but recently my friend brouht i burnt version of this and it was 3.9 and i remeber it being 6.7

i could be totally wrong and if so i say sorry

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

if you take out all the japanese video files it will fit onto a dvd5. Just look where the video files are and you will see pairs (two video files that are named the same) except one of the pair will have a 'j' at the end of the name. Those are the ones your can delete. Also any updatedash.xbe and update.xbe files can be deleted too.

5. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

I was under the impression that download discussion is forbidden on afterdawn.

Has something changed?

6. joschez

joschez Regular member

If you are not going to help, Don't post.

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Kinda grey area,he already downloaded it...we're not telling him where to get the game.

8. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Aliyah and BR7 do you have thomson dvd drives? The reason why i am asking is because i also experienced the same problem and i have a thomson drive; and from extensive research i have concluded that the main cause of this problem was due to my thomson, so now im stuck to the hdd as my means of backing up games.

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

worked fine for me on a thompson on my other xbox,so that theory is almost debunked.

10. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

punqewe, if you don't mind me asking, what type of media are you using, maybe that could solve our problems...