1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja Gaiden Backup Freeze Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kollision, Jun 26, 2004.

1. kollision

kollision Regular member

Hello Forum,

Well I have followed all of your info on deleting the Japanese audio to make space for the game to fit on a DVD-R. However, when I get to Tairon City (I believe it is level 4, the stage after the airship), and after I get the Nunchaku and about to enter the bar, it shows a the small loading sigon on the bottom right hand corner, but it is still see through. It hangs at this moment. Does anyone have any clues to what has gone wrong? Thanks a lot and take care.

2. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

I would give this kind advice for anyone having this problem with any game to try these ideas first.

1. I always make sure the disc is clean and will sometimes even use Windex and toilet paper to make sure the disc is very clean.

2. The most important thing that I have found will cause this is dust in the back of my Xbox. I usually use canned air and it pretty much always does the trick.

3. Believe it or not...I was using Craxtion correctly for about two weeks but found out it was my burning software that was causing the problem. I know people like to use Nero or Stomp but the free DVD Decrypter has never made one coaster for me yet. I like the idea of using other software like Stomp but Decrypter is so reliable for Xbox backups.

4. The final thing is media. This is very crucial but not as important as software. I was having problems with Comp USA discs until I started using Decrypter so it wasn't the media. But, media should not be understated. If you want to be safe do some research on here and find a brand of media that is "friendly" to your drive. These Xbox drives are like women and you never really know which piece of media they are going to like.

If none of these work then I would just try burning the game again and see what happens. I know that other members may give some different advice but the key in any trouble shooting of items is to go what is first obvious. There are some people who call the cable guy out because they can't get any sound on all channels. But, they simply had the mute button on...yes this happens. Try these steps and I give it 90% you will solve your problem. PM me if you need any help.

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Try turning off your In game reset. This has fixed a few freezing probs I had with a game or two..

Matt

4. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Thanks Matt...I didn't even know that....mine is usually turned off though. But, once again a simple yet obvious thing to try that has a good chance of working.

5. kollision

kollision Regular member

Ok thanks for the tips guys, I will tell you what turns out. Is it ok if I copy the disk that was freezing on me to the hdd? Will it still mess up? Will I need a fresh backup? I have IGR off and I am using Imation DVD+R. I use Nero, probably thats the problem...Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  6. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

I would just make a fresh copy unless you have the iso still somewhere then I would use that. Try not using Nero...and use Decrypter for this one. I'll be willing to bet you'll be writing us back saying it's working again.

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If you do have a problem after copying the disk to the hard drive it's most likely a media issue. At least thats what I would think. I didn't have much luck with the Imation DVD's myself. I stick with verbatim, I also use Recordnow DX and dont make ISO's.

Matt

8. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Yeah...I recall having a problem with two Imation discs. It sounds like the game got copied correctly but there must be some sector in the disc that isn't functioning properly and that definitely would be a media issue. I'm afraid if you make a direct backup to your harddrive you will get the same results. Remember, when you have a problem don't try and take a shortcut to fix it unless it's a shortcut like modifying your hardware such as Matt's suggestion about in game reset. Otherwise, start from scratch unless you have the iso. If you have a big hard drive on your computer you might want to save the isos for a couple of weeks just to make sure things work properly.

9. kollision

kollision Regular member

Well thanks,

You are right, it still didnt work. I just got another copy of it and I am currently backing it up. So this time I will try to use something either than Nero. BTW, I am using Extract-ISO for the conversion to ISO. Thanks guys for your help

10. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

What's wrong with Craxtion?

11. kollision

kollision Regular member

Hrmm Ill try it then. THanks Keep your thumbs up

12. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Hey Craxtion is awesome and easy but one thing could trick you up. When it asks you to chose the contents of the data you want to make an iso from make sure you open the folder that you created. For example, let's say you put the FTPd back up of Ninja Gaiden in a folder called "Ninja" on your desktop. Craxtion is going to ask you for that folder but if you don't open it then it will give you an error and you won't be able to create the iso. This frustrated me for almost a month cause only Boogie knew what my problem was.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Egg[/small]

13. kollision

kollision Regular member

Hi,

Well thanks for all the help, but I just tried the original copy as well as a backup to the HDD of it and it still freezes at the same point. I turned off the IGR in the Misc section of EvoX. Hrmm I am stuck...

14. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Hey man, let me know exactly what you have done but it sounds like the original disc is a little screwy. If you're desperate I would purchase a Game Doctor cause it sounds like your original. Or, I would rent the game and make a back-up. Note: It is NOT illegal to do this if you have the original only if you don't. I just want to troubleshoot this for you so moderators don't close the thread.

15. kollision

kollision Regular member

Thanks for the concern. I will try and rent a copy of Ninja Gaiden to see if it will work. Thanks

16. kollision

kollision Regular member

Thx for the help guys. I rented a copy and it works. Time to backup....

17. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Honestly, thanks for the update. So many people but you never know what resulted...