1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS for any age?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Kimmi8, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Kimmi8

Kimmi8 Member

I was just wondering if nintendo ds is for kids and adults.
    The kids I babysit have them... so I was just wondering if DS has both children and teen/young adult games also?
    What is the difference between the DS and the DS Lite?

Thank you

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Kimmi8,
    The Nintendo DS is for kids and adults alike. The DS Lite has the same functions as its predecessor Nintendo DS, except it is smaller and has brighter screens.

3. brokendan

brokendan Member

i have one and im 23 lol i enjoy it when i get bord or something and i have a nephew who is about 7 or so, he is deaf and loves playing it still. it kinda depends on the genra games u like as well, as with everything. it doesnt have the market of adult-like games as the psp does, but it does have some fun games still.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  4. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

DS lite is just slimmer and the design is differet. but the difference is just the look. its like the old PSP and the new PSP

5. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

yea the games just depend on what genre you like. personally, id say ds lite aims for the younger crowd for kids. like shooting games, fps, isnt a strong point for the ds. graphpic isnt a strong point for ds either. well it isnt compared to its competitor. i have a ds and i still enjoy it though. the ds is good at fun games involving stylus and the touchscreen. rpg games like mario 64 and zelda are also big hits. so it just depends on what games you play.

6. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Nintendo gears all their hardware to people of all ages. They also like to incorporate togetherness, so you'll see a lot of functionality with games that have multiplayer options.

7. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I agree with dragnandy, it does depend on what games you play, unfortunately I enjoy most games so have bought both the PSP and DS (and since replaced them with the PSP Slim and DS Lite) I think I have probably spent more time on my DS than on my PSP, but that is because the DS is easier to carry around and the games are easy to just pick up and play.

My PSP is definitely for the racing games though, games such as Burnout and Ridge Racer are just not meant for the DS. Plus there is of course games that are not on the DS (currently playing FFVII:CC for example)

But yeah I'm 19 and enjoy the DS, and I know a few older people who have them, but back to what dragnandy said it really depends what games you play.

EDIT: Also agree with Joshewah who replied while I was typing :p

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  8. juniR

juniR Guest

Games are for all ages - basically if you enjoy playing then it's for you... I been playing games longer than most ppl in this thread have been alive and I love my DS as much as I love my PSP :)

Some points - the DS does have the 2 best fps shooters in metroid prime hunters and COD4 imho... The analogue control offered by the touch screen is much more preferable than the joypad you have to use on the PSP - though the online games are better on the PSP. PSP is better for racers generally though mario kart is nice. The DS has some very nice puzzle games and the touch screen interface lends itself to those very well. The PSP comes out better with Sports sims.

Overall the DS is just more infectuous whilst the PSP does so much more than isn't gaming related if you use custom firmware.

Both are great adult toys.