1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nintendo ds slot 1 devices ( experience )

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by woof811, Aug 5, 2007.

1. woof811

woof811 Regular member

hello all im trying to find out what other people use ( r4ds , m3ds simply , cyclods evolution , DS-Xtreme , G6DS real , supercard dsone etc...... )
    and what experience they have had while using their slot 1 device for playing nds roms only .

i have a r4ds and a m3ds simply both with 1 gig of japanese kingston memory for my daughters nds and nds lite and both have played all the nds roms ive put on them so far without any probs .

im just trying to find out what the others are like and iff they are as good as if not better for price and compatibility.

thanks for all replies , woof811.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I own:
    M3 DS Simply
    EZFlash V
    Fire Card DS (N-Card clone)
    G6 DS Real

Fire Card is the cheapest and has inbuilt memory, plays Castlevania:pOR with no problems. Some new games need you to choose the save file type before playing (e.g Zelda required me to choose 2M Flash or something)

M3DSS is next cheapest, played all games thrown at it using my Toshiba 1GB card (rebranded Japanese Kingston card) My brother broke the spring clip, I had to take the M3 apart and rip out the spring mechanism, just need to pull out the card instead of cliking it out now.

EZFlash V is next in the price scale, it is not very good, using the same MicroSD as my M3 I needed to adjust the speed settings of the card, and still experienced lag in games and crashes in Castlevania, only solution is to patch the games but that removes the main benefit of a slot-1 cart

G6 DS Real is the most expensive, but also my favourite, the memory is fast, all the games i have used work perfectly, including Castlevania. The Menus are VERY nice, IMO much better than the M3 menus, definetly worth the extra money.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007