1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Wifi or Wifi Max

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by junstrife, Nov 8, 2007.

1. junstrife

junstrife Member

Excuse me everyone. I just bought nintendo ds lite. I want to ask u guys about wifi. Which wifi better? original nintendo or max wifi(can be used for psp,ds,wii)?

From what i know, Wifi max has better speed(5x). Is that true? But then, i see many negative comments on max wifi.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The Nintendo Wifi dongle will be easier to setup but is more expensive and can only be used with the DS (unless you want to go through alot of effort to replace drivers).

The Wifi Max is cheaper but harder to setup, it can be used a normal access point so not only can the DS connect, but so can PSP/PS3/PC/Laptop etc.

The speed is not an issue as your internet connection is unlikly to have a connection speed as fast as the Nintendo Wifi adapter, let alone the Wifi Max. Speeds are only important when doing networking (e.g transfering files between computers)

Note that you do not need to buy either one or the other, any device that can be setup on your computer to be an Access Point/SoftAP should work, I'm using a USB Wifi dongle from LM industries, cost me £9 (~$18) and works fine, wasn't hard to setup either (though I am IT person)

3. cam30077

cam30077 Member

In my opinion, your best bet is to buy the nintendo one.

But for people that have any technical knowledge i'd suggest getting a wireless router. Saves having to have the PC on to get on the net.

4. junstrife

junstrife Member

Thank you for the reply (_ _)