1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NKPATCHER.. 160GIG HDD.. PROBLEMS?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by glowbox, Oct 1, 2007.

1. glowbox

glowbox Member

first off i want to apologize to chunkhead if i seemed 'arrogant' and 'newbish'. i realize the trouble and time it takes for this all to happen. my remarks may have reflected an attitude that i myself do not appreciate. this only because i didnt think he was giving information about my problem. anyways, chuckhead, if you are reading this, my bad.

now, on with the next problem...

i recently installed a 160gig hdd to my xbox and used xboxhdm to make a disc using the files from my already softmodded xbox. the softmod was performed using ndure. i have a shadowc. i cannot see any files in c.
    i am only now learning about lba48 after having bad xbmc issues. i chatted in #xbmc for a good while last night with those guys trying to figure out why xbmc wouldnt run for me. i would either get a fatal error in userdata/sources.xml, or the t3ch logo would load then freeze on a black screen. log files show the language files from xbmc to not be transferring. flashfxp says they are, but xbmc log says they are not. so one guy mentions lba48 being needed on a drive >137gigs. then i told him that i used ndure to install the softmod and that i chose nkpatcher .67 and that i have use of f drive and space free on g drive but have not used it. the same guy told me that i might need to setup my rig so that pbl loads a bios that supports lba48. my current bios is m8 according to evox system settings.

i swear that i have read that nkpatcher utilizes lba48 so i am thinking that there is a different problem, and hoping that it isnt the hdd (its not a month old). it isnt packed full of stuff. i dont believe it is using more that 137gig and causing corruption of just xbmc. i have tried many different builds and they give me the same 2 errors.

i noticed in my biosLD folder there isnt any bin fles. only a default.xbe. i noticed this when looking to patch the bios with evtool. one other thing, i dont have the m$ dash. dont ask me why. i dont really need it, for myself, but does the xbox need it for anything?

to sum it up...

1. is ndure with nkpatcher .67 recommended for a hdd over 137gigs?

2. what the crud is wrong with xbmc? maybe pertains to #1?

3. does the xbox need the m$dashboard?

4. why doesnt my biosLD folder have any bin files?

again, thank you all for the effort and time.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You seem to have gone through a lot of steps, most of which I have never heard of, however...

Right at the start you said you made an XboxHDM disc with stuff from your already softmodded Xbox!?

I'm not a big fan of "used" files!

Use a clean MS DASH and the SID 4 installer files from my software page to build the XboxHDM disc and to softmod!

I would assume that you have made an error there rather then with the lba48...

I have upgraded countless Xboxs using the methods described in my tutorials without one issue! All have been successfully upgraded and running XBMC!

:)

3. glowbox

glowbox Member

does that require the dvd drive?. remember, i am the guy without the dvd drive.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Well how did you go about this section then?

5. glowbox

glowbox Member

yeh, i borrowed a drive from someone. i suppose i could do it again, its just that it is not readily available and i was curious if it could be done ftp or just using xboxhdm and not having to load the gamesave from disc. how sweet would that be to just set the drive up with xboxhdm and put it in the xbox, turn it on and bingo. evox. i think i read something about the 'free' way to softmod an xbox. meaning not buying or renting a game. maybe i will look again for that....

6. glowbox

glowbox Member

would i be able to use the E, F, and G folders that are on my xbox now with xbhdm so i dont loose all the data if i use your hdd super tutorial and the softmod super tutorial?

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yes, just insert the old folders into the XboxHDM disc in the correct spot and when asked in the formatting section if you would like to use them, select yes!

8. glowbox

glowbox Member

why cant this method be used by plugging the xbox hdd into the pc instead of hotswapping? from the way this is done, you dont need to have the game to load the save, which is perfect for me having no dvd drive.

9. glowbox

glowbox Member