1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NME 2.0 or Xecuter Blaster 360 NE?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tigrfire, Jan 30, 2008.

1. tigrfire

tigrfire Member

I recently got an Xbox360 Arcade w/ a BENQ drive (pretty sure its a BENQ, checked it against the diagrams online) and am looking for the best path to modding heaven. I've read a lot about the NME 2.0 and only a little on the Blaster, but I'm leaning towards the Blaster for several reasons:
    1. The Blaster is a Softmod, I can install it myself and save about $60 right away that I would pay for an install.
    2. Easily upgradeable firmware
    3. Similar price to an NME 2.0 chip

I know the risks that come along with having a Blaster and playing on Xbox Live though. I know that I risk getting banned by just signing into Xbox Live with a gamer profile on my Xbox360 (am I right about that?). I don't do a lot of online gaming on my Xbox360 though and just use Xbox Live for free, downloadable content. I would like to continue doing that.

I've read that with an NME 2.0 chip, you have to hold down a button to turn the chip on before actually playing backup copies. This is enough of an annoyance to make me want to avoid this chip, since I don't like to have to think about an extra step when I sit down for some gaming. If I've got any of this wrong, correct me by the way.

So, final thought, prices I've found for an NME 6.0 shipped = $65, a Blaster 360 NE shipped = $60-$70. If you were me, what would you do and why?

2. tigrfire

tigrfire Member

A little bit of a bump, but I wanted to add a further question. I read more about the Xecuter Blaster and see that it will only boot "stealth" 360 backups. Are all 360 backups that are scene releases stealth or does this only apply to games that are stealth patched or something of that nature?

3. SL7Rips

SL7Rips Regular member

Hey

U can save alot of money by just flashing it without buying the blaster
    Spend the $60 on A Sammy Kreon Drive