1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nme 2.0 with a benq drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gerfty, Jan 12, 2008.

1. gerfty

gerfty Member

ok. i got the 360 modded and it works. plays backups. the only problem is when i go to play another one pressing eject after reaching the dashboard, it seems to shut my mod off. i have read that you just turn the power off then when restarting hold the power button down for a second to turn the mod back on. i can't seem to get the timing down. i have tried holding until the 3 lights spin, until fully green, etc. does the drive need to be empty? is there a way to eject a disc to play another without turning off the mod? i have tried using the remote to eject the disc and it still turns off the mod. i usually unplug it and after an hour or so it will reboot with the mod turned on but unplugging and waiting ten or 15 minutes doesn't work. any help would be appreciated. i would like to play more than one game every hour.
    thanks.

2. gerfty

gerfty Member

anyone?

3. doggyd112

doggyd112 Member

Hi there, I just want to ask you what burning procedure did you use to burn your games because mine are not reading properly. When I insert it into the Xbox 360, it is giving me a white screen asking for xbox 360 disc.

4. gerfty

gerfty Member

i burned the patched iso using imgburn. every one i have tested 23 so far have worked in the system. its just that the chip won't let me insert another backup unless i unplug it and wait about an hour.

5. BuztaNut

BuztaNut Member

I know it's a long time ago now, but I'm interested to see how you got on with this problem. I had the exact opposite problem with NME 2.0 everything works fine except if I've been playing a backup for a while and try to go back and play an original. The chip will remain semi-on, it will still disconnect network but will not recognise backed up disc. If I hold power down for 1 sec it will be as normal with chip on. But turning on quick press will not power on with chip off.

Interestingly, I upgraded from very fine (ps2 chip wire) to a little more hefty wire I retrieved from a USB lead (on +5v, ground and frontpanel power on) and found that instead of waiting 1 hour or more to turn the chip off I can now do it in about 15 mins.

My friend and I have been trying to nut this out for a couple of weeks and all we can come up with is either too low gauge in one of the wires (I'm yet to replace activity LED wire) or heat. One theory is that a wire is not getting back to ground strongly enough and a cap is bleeding out too slowly and leaving power to the chip. But really at a loss. Let me know how you got on if you are still interested.