1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nme modchip defective?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by drogomir, Jun 12, 2007.

1. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

My xbox360 modded with nme v.1.1 and hitachi 47dj drive just started to freeze then now i just get 3 red lights. The xbox360 was working perfectly fine then one day it just started to freeze. It was never dropped or bumped. I checked all the soldering and its fine, i reflashed it then it worked for a few minutes then froze again. I know abit about electronics and they dont work perfectly for 9 months then just go flaky without a reason. I suspect my nme chip might be faulty. has anyone had any problems with their nme v.1.1 chip?

2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

nope its not the chip for sure! it happens in like a month too with 360's they sometimes tend to be extremely unstable. yeah that is some crap engineering! trust me its not a normal electronic.

where do you place it? in a entertainment center locked in a cupboard? or in a open area?

3. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

it sits in an open space. i even have a whisper cool fan to keep it cool even though i never had any overheating problems.

4. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

I think i figured out the problem.Those of you with an nme v.1.1 chip.the #10 solder point has broke loose and not only that it remove the solder made into the board. Now what i'm wondering is if there is an alternate solder point where i can resolder it. Any help is well appreciated. Thanks

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

it broke off? so now no more red lights?