1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No antenna issue-Yamaha AV HTR-5860 receiver.

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by docmedich, Sep 4, 2012.

1. docmedich

docmedich Member

Have had the receiver for about 5 years (purchased in Spring of 2006; never opened until Feb 2012). Set it up. Worked fine. Subscribed to Sirius satellite radio, in mid Feb 2012. Worked fine, until Sept 1st. I then began receiving this check antenna message. Antenna is plugged in correctly/snugly (contact). All else works, except for the satellite radio part. The plug is seeded properly. No frayed wires/broken pin connectors. Weird. I'd sometimes remove the antenna from the receiver (tripping hazard with antenna lead wire). Antenna pointing in the same direction. Would I need to replace the antenna connector in the receiver? Are these easy to replace/easy to find? I'm thinking the connector is shot (no type of static charge; I do live in a dustier area tho. I'm always dusting the receiver-to keep it relatively clean.). Thnx.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

If anything is bad it is probably the antenna cable lead in wire.The one that I had was easy to break because it was a very thin cable.The one that I used to own had what they call a TNC connector on it.It isn't that hard to find replacement connectors.If it is like the one that I had it is a very fragile cable.So you have to be careful if you have to replace the connector.Sounds like the wire inside the cable may be broken somewhere inside if it was bent to much fom moving it around a lot.