1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Audio after 2 attempts

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by gbones, May 26, 2004.

1. gbones

gbones Member

I am coverting an avi file to burn as a dvd.

I have followed the instructions on the guide to a tee but I must be missing something or not understanding.

I have burned to attempts that I get the picture fine but with no audio. THe audio source is lame mp3.

According to the th guide, it says to skip to the next section if you are using mp3. Or am I confused about this?

How do I fix this problem?

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

what encoder are you using to convert to dvd?? if your using tmpgenc you must decompress the audio to wav with vdub or something similar.

3. gbones

gbones Member

Ok thanks

Is there a guide for that?

4. gbones

gbones Member

also is there a way to just convert the ausio or do I Have to go back and start all over again?

5. shiroh

shiroh Guest

yu can just transcode the audio from mp3 to mp2. and multiplex it using the mpeg tool in tmpgenc.

6. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

alright if your lookin for something very simple to decompress your audio to wav you cant go past decompressor.exe bundled with avi2vcd, this prog is a no brainer but its 1 of the best decompressors out there id even go as far as saying its better than vdub.

anyways download the whole avi2vcd package extract all contents to a new folder and you'll find decompressor.exe with it, thats all you want from the bundle, delete all the other files if you want especially the avi2vcd encoder, its a very low quality encoder thats not worth your time. then just load up your file into decompressor and its as easy as hitting the convert button. after its done you'll get a whole new file video included with the audio decompressed to wav, just load up the new file it creates into tmpgenc and bobs your fathers brother, you shouldnt have any dramas after that.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~avi2vcd/dtel4/avi2vcd_ver1_4_2.zip

cheerz

7. niamh

niamh Member

virtualdubmod is really simple to use :)

open it, load you file (in file>open )
    go to video, select DIRECT STREAM COPY (important)
    then go to streams > stream list, highlight the audio track you will see there, and click save wav . You will be presented with a box asking you to name the file, and hey presto, you're done :)

To save a video track without the audio in it, repeat all those steps and just hit 'disable' in the stream list, and then go to file and save as > yourvideo.avi

While we're at it, if you only want to extract the original audio without change, then hit demux :)

hope that helps