1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Audio after converting with TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by stillgame, Nov 28, 2004.

1. stillgame

stillgame Member

First sorry if this is posted in wrong section
    Ok it seems I'm not the only one with this problem
    after converting XVID file with TMPGEnc I find that there is no audio... I have tried VirtualDub but get a error telling me that VirtualDub has detected that
    an improper VBR audio encoding in the source avi and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values
    so on and so on if I do this and re-compress using
    VirtualDub the Video/Audio goes out of sync I have also tried saving the Audio as WAV and adding this into TMPGEnc but the finished output doesnt sound right I only find this problem with Xvid and not Divx
    Avi's any help would be gratful....

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

the problem here is rewriting the header with cbr std.
    what you can do is get virtualdubmod. it have a demux feature that wont modify the header. then use an audio encoder such as dbpoweramp to decode it to wav.

try use vdub and don't rewrite the header.

the steps is
    demux-decode-encode

3. stillgame

stillgame Member

Thanx shiroh I will give this a go again thanx for the info keep up the good work great site

4. voyager58

voyager58 Member

Need help please!
    I convert a VCD to mpeg format(vcd .dat)using vcdGear and then tmpgenc to make clips(edit)so that I can watch the same on a Palm PDA.For this I use virtualdub to convert to xvid.But there is no audio nor on the PC orpalm!
    Think this has something to do with the audio format.After converting the audio format is"44hz stereo,224kbps,layer II".But no sound on PC.