1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio decom./Gspot says all installed

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bbydump, Jun 21, 2003.

1. bbydump

bbydump Guest

I have an avi that plays fine with all my players, but when I try to encode it encodes it with no sound. When I run it through VritualDub it says no audio decompressor could be found. I searched past posts and found to install Gspot, so I did and I opened it with Gspot and it says codecs installed for audio & video and when I render it, it renders successfully. So I went through all the steps found it past posts and still no solution. Can anyone help here? I ran the file through DivFix as well and then ran through VD and still says no audio decompressor could be found. Help!!
    thanks...

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Have u tried to decompress the audio with anything?? where did u get the file? is it ac3 do u know??_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Come Say Hi on IRC!!! Server: irc.emule-project.net channel: #ad_buddies
    James![/small]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2003
  3. bbydump

bbydump Guest

Ok, yes it is AC3, so I used VirtualDub AC3 to
    extract the sound to an ac3 file. Then I used Px3 to convert the ac3 to wav (found this tip in a post, but why cant I just convert to wav in VDAC3, I did try that originally but the sound was all choppy? Anyway, I was able to encode both files in Tmpge and then authored it. I just tested it with PowerDVD and its completely out of sync...The avi was originally Xvid codec, so I changed it to Divx with Xvid's AVic in order for the green screen to go away. Do you know the proper steps to get this avi encoded correctly? It would be a huge help as I've been fudging with this same file for the past 5 days. Also, I had to run the file through DivFix twice, the first run found over what looked like a 200 bad frames (way more then usual) then I had to run it through again in order for virtualdub to open it correctly. After I did this is when I split the audio out and did my conversions.
    Also, Gspot said I had everything....
    Any suggestions???

4. Dela

Look at this guide, it does support AC3 audio and permanent subs dont have to be added!

5. bbydump

bbydump Guest

ok, what guide?

6. Dela