1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Audio DTS error on some newer DvD's

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by page2531, Apr 30, 2005.

1. page2531

page2531 Member

On some of the newer DVD's I have encountered a no DTS audio error. The burned dvd will have audio through the opening of the dvd but go silent when you hit play for the actual movie. HELP PLEASE??????

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

You have to check off the audio you want to keep. When you open the disc or image all the different audio is listed in the right side, if you want dts you must check it off

3. page2531

page2531 Member

I have done that at this time. Even though I check off the dts audio the newer disk will not play. I have been using the shrink 3.2 for about 5 months now and this is happening now. I hope a patch for this gets out soon because this is frustrating.

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Does your surround sound receiver have a dts decoder? Not trying to insult your intelligence, it's just that I have encountered people complaining about this problem that have no idea on how dts works. Just want to save time rather than replying back and forth for nothing. Have you backed up movies with the dts soundtrack before?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  5. page2531

page2531 Member

not sure about the dts decoder in the receiver, but on certain movies with dvd shrink i cant get the other audio settings to work either. I have had about 5 movies do this so far. I have also tried only the ac3 channel as well as the dts 5.1 and the ac3 channel and still come out with no audio on the disk.

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What program do you use to burn with? (nero,decrypter, etc.) If you are not sure you have a dts decoder, do not choose this soundtrack in shrink. If you backed up a movie with more than one sondtrack, try the audio button on your dvd player's remote. You can toggle through the soundtracks if there are more than one on the disc.

Do you have your dvd player connected to your surround sound receiver with a digital cable(fiber optic, coaxial)? If not, you are not able to listen to true dolby digital or dts soundtracks, but the dolby soundtrack can be downmixed to stereo through your dvd player. So at the very least, if you have a dolby soundtrack on your disc you should still be able to hear it.

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  7. page2531

page2531 Member

i am pretty sure now that my home theatre system isnt dts compatible, but i dont understand the problem when I use dvd shrink 3.2 why the movie doesnt come out with the audio in the other audio format that I have been using for the past 5 months or so.

8. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Are you having problems with your stand alone dvd player not outputing any sound, or your computer or both? Did you try the [bold]audio button[/bold] on your dvd remote, yet?

9. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

After you burn your disc open it with Shrink just to confirm what audio is present. This sounds like a receiver problem to me. Also try playing an original dvd to see if you have any sound

10. page2531

page2531 Member

I have played the original on my receiver and it played just fine. I have tried 5.1 dts and the other audio streams in the dvd shrink menu with no success of audio. I know my player isnt dts rated but shouldnt the audio come through on the other settings that I have been using for the last five months or so. It seems that the newer dvds that are coming out are having this problem.

11. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Unless your sound card supports dts, you won't be able to hear on your computer either. Maybe you unselected all the audio soundtracks by mistake.(or only backed up the dts soundtrack) If you know you did select the other soundtrack/s, then try uninstalling and reinstalling shrink. Not sure if it will fix the problem, but it wouldn't hurt.

12. Celicaboy

Celicaboy Member

ok guys who need help with the audio channels not working. Basically is your surround system doesn't support DTS 5.1 - DO NOT select this option or deselect it as the movie will not have sound. My first experience comes from ripping The ghost and the darkness with DTS 6.0 and realized I should have used AC3 5.1. I was a newbie then but I learned from my mistake not to use DTS.

ALWAYS use AC3 5.1 and deselect the 2ch french and english if you don't want commentary and to cut the file size down which will get you better picture quality. You will always get sound from the movie and if you don't, use the audio button on dvd remote like someone mentioned or check the dvd players settings. The dvd player should default to the AC3 5.1 if your system doesn't support DTS. Getting no sound from a backup is not the result of newer dvds but depends on if the movie was ripped properly with DVD Shrink and in some case here the Dvd player itself which I find very strange. I hope this helps.