1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio on authored DVD using tmpeng dvd Author

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by sifi, Oct 30, 2004.

1. sifi

sifi Member

I have followed the guidleines for burning a n xvid avi file to DVD... extracting the audio then converting to ac3, compressing the video to a mv2 file with tmpgenc and then burning to DVD the two files with tmpgenc DVD author.

The picture quality on the DVD is superb when played in my standalone but there is no sound. I tried opening the video files from the HDD in PowerDVD and they play fine with audio which is kind of weird as when I play the authored DVD with PowerDVD it seems as though it is being played in slow motion with no sound too.

I am really stumped at to why I am not getting any sound, anyone have any ideas ??

Thanks in advance.

2. sifi

sifi Member

I actually meant to say that I opened the video files from the Video_TS folder on the HDD with a DivX player not PowerDVD and they played fine with audio.

3. sifi

sifi Member

I found a solution... DVDSanta. So for anyone else having the same problems with no audio on the authored file, get yourself DVDSanta.

I am quite happy with the quality although for some reason my standalone DVD player is not putting out the bass from the audio but the bass is fine when played on PowerDVD on the PC.