1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Audio on divx file played in dvd player.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by CroZ24, Apr 6, 2007.

1. CroZ24

CroZ24 Member

i burned some divx files and subtitles to a dvd disc as a data-dvd to watch on my home dvd player that supports divx. some play great, but some of them have no audio, i tried pressing the audio button on the remote, but says (NO AUDIO DATA) i tried playing it on the computer and plays fine. i can't figure out why some play fine and some with no sound. ANY HELP?????

2. CroZ24

CroZ24 Member

someone told me that it might be because the audio format is not in mp3 and my dvd player cannot read it. i checked and its in 0x0161 (WMA v2) format. but i have no clue how to convert it, does anyone know how? is there a guide or a write up somewhere, i tried to google it and nothing. keep in mind im new to all this

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

The player should handle WMA std I would have thought. Numerous ways to re-encode. For instance you could use mencoder with -ovc copy -oac mp3lame or decode the audio to wav, encode to mp3 then remux. I batch processed a bunch of files a while back using mplayer to decode, lame to encode the audio, ffmpeg to demux the video and AVI-Mux GUI to remux.

4. attar

attar Senior member