1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio on DVD Player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mcclaine, Dec 22, 2004.

1. mcclaine

mcclaine Guest

hi, this is my first post over this forum...
    as i can imagine, first post are always somebody in trouble.... :)

well, here's my problem, hope you can help me.
    i've just downloaded a video clip in mpeg-2 format from the net.
    It's a HDTV capture so the video quality, it rocks... when i play it on my PC, it looks great and it sounds great too. The file is 4 minutes long and the size is 250 mb so you can imagine.
    so i recorded into a CD for viewing it in my DVD Player, which reads mpeg files with no problems.

Well in this case, i can watch the clip, but without audio. So i've tried with Vegas, or Virtual Dub to re encode it, but it says the file has no audio, which is not true, cos in (for example) BS Player, Windows Media Player, etc, it sounds great.

What can i do!?!!!!
    Thanks in advance,
    mcclaine

2. mcclaine

mcclaine Guest

well i guess it wasn't my lucky post...
    but i found a way to solve this problem, so i'm posting what i did, in case anyone of you has the same problem.

I have installed the 0.70b AC3 filer codec (i had the 0.68) and that way i was able to re encode the file in Vegas and change the audio to MP3 Layer 2.

3. a.steele

a.steele Member

Hi!
    Maybe I have a similar issue... I have a TV recording (TV capture card) which plays back great on the PC. I burn to a DVD using Nero Express 3, and this DVD then plays back on the PC just fine.
    However, when I try the DVD in my Yamaha S530 - I get a great picture, but no audio at all.

Any clues as to what I should try and change?