1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no audio on split file

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by supafreak, Sep 28, 2004.

1. supafreak

supafreak Member

this has likely been posted 1000 times, but i couldn't find a similar posting, so here goes. Yesterday, i split and burned a file no problem. Today, i'm working on a different one, and it is fine, until i split it, and the two halves have no audio....also, the movie is only 82 min, but the file goes on for like 4 hours of darkness at the end, so i just didn' include that in the two halves. Is that ok to do? or is that what the audio problem stems from? I'm doing nothing different from yesterday.....

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The first question is: WHICH APPLICATION DID YOU USE TO SPLIT IT?
    The second one is: THE MOVIE IS AN .MPG OR AN .AVI?

I will assume the movie is an .AVI (no difference, though, unless you want to de-multiplex the video and the audio without converting .AVI --> .MPG first).

I usually have no problem splitting movies with TMPGenc, but, maybe, on some .AVI, the audio is badly encoded. Therefore:
    (1) Open the movie with Virtualdub
    (2) Set Virtualdub's Audio-->Full processing mode then
    (3) Do in Virualdub File--->Save WAV...
    You'll end with an approx. 1 GB .WAV file!

After that, encode the .WAV to .MP2 (1 GB --> 80 MB) using BeSweet (and the BeSWeet GUI) and the profile 'DSPguru_.MP2_for_SVCD'.

Then, delete the now useless .WAV file and add the .MP2 to the video using Browse.. after the 'Audio source:' file name in the main TMPGenc's page and, instead from the movie (default), load the sound from the .MP2 you just prepared.

Or, if you don't want to encode the movie, and the original movie was a .MPG, just use 'MPEG Tools' ---> 'Simple Multiplex' the audio + the video file.

Everything should be OK, now. Let me know if it is so.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004
  3. supafreak

supafreak Member

i did use mpeg tools, and multiplexed it through cut and merge....is this the same thing? i don't really understand all the instructions in the first half of you suggestions, and am by no means a computer buff :)

4. supafreak

supafreak Member

i gave your suggestions in part one a go, but after successfully creating a wave file, i'm stuck at besweet. Can you give me clearer instructions step by step on how to load in my wave file, and turn it into an mp2? I was trying to find the wave file through input, but it's not there.

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The problem is nothing more than getting ALL the applications and spending some time (TMPGenc you seem you have already, so no problem, but you need BeSweet and Virtualdub).
    First, I would try to extract the Audio (as a big .WAV file) with Virtualdub (Audio-->Full processing mode), then to resample it to a .MP2 file with BeSweet. Finally split it resampling it (DON'T USE TMPGenc's MPEG TOOLS, but with use twice TMPGenc's Setings ----> Advenced ---> Select Range then --> Start and selecting the movie as Video Input and the .MP2 as Audio input(you'll have to use also 2 different output filenames as Movie_CD1.MPG and Movie_CD2.MPG (the 1st time you encode the range 0 --> F, the 2nd time you encode the range F+1 --> end) to buils TWO correctly encoded MPEG-1 (Video-CD) files.
    I think all instructions have been written, no? Are you an more or less average user of TMPGenc, no?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004
  6. supafreak

supafreak Member

no, i am verry much a beginner with tmpegenc. And i'm getting stuck at beesweet. I can create the wave file, but when i go to encode it to mp2, i can't find it, like it's not there at all, but when i go to my computer, and videos, it is verry much there, taking up all that space :) so frusterating! bother

7. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member