1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio streaming movies thru PS3

Discussion in 'PS3' started by rage4ordr, Jun 25, 2014.

1. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

I am streaming movies in mkv and DTS format to my ps3. I'm using PS3 Media Server and have my ps3 connected to my av receiver thru hdmi, which in turn is connected to my tv thru hdmi. My problem is, I don't get any audio from the tv when I play movies that are in DTS format. I either have to listen thru my receiver or I have to encode the movie into ac3 or DD format. Is there a setting I'm missing in my ps3 or is this a setting in my receiver?

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

on your tv is there an audio setting for dual audio that might fix it if not check the reciever for that setting.
    i have my ps3 set up through reciever and get sound from that but not the tv (same set up as yours),HDMI 1
    i have the tv set up with a/v 1 and digital optic cable and get sound through both with tv.AV1

or just use hdmi cable to tv and skip the reciever.

3. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

my receiver does have pass through hdmi, that's why I can't figure out why I don't get any audio thru to the tv. It's weird how if my movie is in ac3 format and not dts, I'm able to get sound thru the tv. It's as if my ps3 isn't encoding the dts signal.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

5. haleema

haleema Newbie

I have a ps3 slim and put a disc in and it spins and quits spins and quits and on screen it shows it spinning but it won't come up where I can press play What can I do ?

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

start your own thread