1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no audio when converting a avi file to mpeg2

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by miauvm, Jul 23, 2002.

1. miauvm

miauvm Guest

hi friends. i need some help. before i used to convert avi movies into mpeg2. the movies which i downloaded where either vcd copies or dvd divx rip copies. using tmpgenc 30 days version all was perfect. i put my movies on video (vhs) as short of spac on harddisk.

when 30 day programme was over, i downloaded a japanese version with english patch. turned avi to mepg2 (a vcd copy) all perfect. when i did it with a dvd divx rip copy, the final output was: good image but no sound. why? do i need some codecs?? . i shall download another movie od dvd divx ip and if i have no probs then copy was bad but if i have still, what should i do. help me plssss. vij

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

The typical problem, discussed various times in our forums. TMPGEnc doesn't support specific audio formats as an input, including AC3 (DD 5.1), and therefor the audio must be extracted first and downmixed to something TMPGEnc can handle.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3843