1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio when my Yamaha S530 plays back my DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by a.steele, Dec 28, 2004.

1. a.steele

a.steele Member

Hi,
    I've been burning VCD's that have been recorded with my PC Tuner Card & home video camera... using Nero Express 2.

(These have not always played back well, with the DVD player often pausing or stopping... but I have since learned of a firmware update for the S530 which seems to have helped. Too early to sell how much it has helped as yet. I am also considering to try different CD media - but that is not the reason for this post!)

I have just purchased a Pioneer DVR-108 internal DVD writer - which came with Nero Express 3.
    (Nero Express 3 takes much longer to make VCD's than Experss 2 used to... but now offers chapters, and menus etc.)

When I create a DVD, it plays back fine within my PC - but my Yamaha S530 DVD player does not provide any audio.

The same DVD played in a friends DVD player works fine.

I am stuck as to where to go from here. Maybe there is a setting within Nero somewhere which can make the audio compatible with the S530 player?

Could the "Media Cache DVD-R" media cause an error like this? (I am thinking not, as it can read the picture information OK.)

I'm a bit frustrated that burning home video to a DVD is not more reliable - but looking at the other threads - I am clearly not alone!

I would be most welcome for any feedback or suggestions.

Thank you & regards,

Antony.

2. a.steele

a.steele Member

What a pain - spent absolutely ages on this, and got nowhere fast!

Basically, it meant ditching the superb Yamaha system, but the new DVD burner + HDD combos are getting better with each month the passes, and I would rather my new toy later in 2005 than right now.

...and then I came up with a cunning plan, which has worked beautifully!

I purchased a TEAC DVD player, which supports all the current features that I want, and it only cost me Aus$99, which is approx US$75 .
    Looks stylish, and we are now using the TEAC unit for the home movies, recordings done on the PC, and to view the photo-CD's that we can now make... and the Yamahaa will play the commercial DVD's.

I'd rather have found out what the compatibility issue with the Yamahaa and the audio was (and hopefully still will) - but this was a good workaround until then!

Interestingly, I took my DVD to the local hi-fi store, and was able to test it on the new Yamahaa S550 - which played it back fine. Just the slightly older S530 which doesn't play back the audio it seems.